Kergoth of Barbaria

  • KeithV
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 2:45 PM
      Has anyone seen this on youtube yet and what do you think of it as a setting for gamma world?

      Keith
    • Malcadon
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5 11:18 PM
        I did see it when it first came out on Cartoon Network's [adult swim]. I really enjoyed in, and I really lament that it never been made into a series - it would be nice for them to have something on besides Venture Brothers and random and/or played-out anime.

        The only really effort to make it into an RPG was by Tim "(Your Friendly Neighborhood) Sniderman" Snider on his Mutant Future blog:

        http://www.savageafterworld.com/search/label/Korgoth

        It is not "Gamma World" per say, but it is not too hard to convert. You should also checkout his Thundarr the Barbarian MF supplement.

        --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "KeithV" <keithbvaughn@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone seen this on youtube yet and what do you think of it as a setting for gamma world?
        >
        > Keith

      • magnitane
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6 6:20 AM
          Let us not forget samurai jack - it's first episode is drenched in thundarr. It's on Netflix streaming now!

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samurai_Jack

          Chucj

          --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "Malcadon" <zen_darkstar@...> wrote:

          > I did see it when it first came out on Cartoon Network's [adult swim]. I really enjoyed in, and I really lament that it never been made into a series - it would be nice for them to have something on besides Venture Brothers and random and/or played-out anime.
          >
          > The only really effort to make it into an RPG was by Tim "(Your Friendly Neighborhood) Sniderman" Snider on his Mutant Future blog:
          >
          > http://www.savageafterworld.com/search/label/Korgoth
          >
          > It is not "Gamma World" per say, but it is not too hard to convert. You should also checkout his Thundarr the Barbarian MF supplement.
          >
          > --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "KeithV" <keithbvaughn@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Has anyone seen this on youtube yet and what do you think of it as a setting for gamma world?
          > >
          > > Keith

        • keith stewart
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 14 8:27 AM
            first time posting, but from what I read awhile back the producers stopped after the first episode due to cost of making the episode.
          • Malcadon
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 15 11:47 AM
              Yeah, Cartoon Network has recently released a number of their old shows on Netflix. Unfortunately, they are all only first season shows. It might be some kind of promotion to get people back to cable/satellite TV, but I hope I'm wrong and add more seasons.

              As an alternative, I recommend a live-stream site called Toonami Aftermath, if you have the bandwidth for it:

              http://www.toonamiaftermath.com/

              It plays Samurai Jack on weekdays an 4:00 (EST, AM & PM), but it is also good to check out the schedule lineup, as they play more then old CN shows (namely MST3K and Rifftrax). I highly recommend using AdblockPlus, as the ads there are relentless! (Hell, I recommend that program for regular internet-use!)

              So, enjoy! =D