Re: Papercraft for gaming

  • ThomasV
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2013
      3d terrain is not all that hard and can be a lot of fun to make yourself, I use to participate in the terrain building contests on terragenesis.co.uk until I ran afoul of the moderator's pettiness and decided I had better places to spend my time than deal with what I considered being a tool.

      That's just my sour grapes eval of the moderator/owner; however the site is a massive fount of ideas and how to on terrain building and there is a lot of terrain built by people for the Necromunda table top game which is perfect for gamma world. Just view some of the pic available there will inspire you I'm sure.

      My advice is to start small- do a handful of usable hills, walls, perhaps some wrecked cars since this is gamma world. this stuff will have high re-usability. for one contest on terragenesis I made up a series of jersy barriers with and without the fence on top of the barriers- very simple 3d model for the concrete barrier: some were made with foam core and others were made out of card stock and painted with a liquitex brand paint additive that had grit texture mixed with a gray acrylic paint. the foam core ones were for the barriers with the fence on top and the cut and fold card stock were for the unadorned barriers. Point it that these look great, impact tactical situations and store easily in a box, and are extremely versatile- I made them for SCi fi gaming not actually gamma world but its also usable for modern scenarios too.

      http://s237.beta.photobucket.com/user/jedion357/media/miniatures/Paintedbarriers001.jpg.html?sort=6&o=190

      http://s237.beta.photobucket.com/user/jedion357/media/miniatures/PaintedBarriers003.jpg.html?sort=3&o=189

      --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "David" <teknomerk@...> wrote:

      > In games with limited ammo (post-apocalypse), I also have ammo prop cards. When the player generates an out-of-ammo result, then they better have an ammo card to reload with or switch to another weapon...
      >

      > --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "BP" <ratgarn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > David,
      > > I too use prop cards. I print pictures of items on Avery shipping labels and stick them to 3x5 index cards. After several years of this, I accumulated a sizable stack. I can now use it as a randomized. "Pick a card", roll for quantity & quality...
      > > I also started putting a code on them as to what the value is in barter. 1-100
      > >
      > > I am going to start using the 3D paper terrain... Someday. I have a stock of laminated 2d stuff that I drew. It works, but doesn't "pop".
      > >
      > > Regards
      > > -Brad
      > >
      > > --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "David" <teknomerk@> wrote:
      > > >For tech devices, I use 2D pictures as prop cards I hand the players. Instead of writing and erasing lists of gear, I just hand them a card. I also take cards as things break, get traded, etc.
      > > >
      > > > You can use this kind of stuff for IDs, weapons, armor, etc.

    • ThomasV
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2013
        Found my jersey barrier album on terragenesis:

        http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/gallery/gallery.php?album=122

        enjoy