First! Happy 2013!

  • Lord
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013
      Well, someone had to say something around here...
    • Nicole Massey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013
        Let's not get into that "first" nonsense here.

        We've had a fairly quiet 2012 here, and I was wondering what folks would
        like to do to further the game in 2013. We can be sure there won't be any
        new releases from WotC for our particular group of games this year, as
        they're deep in a multi-year playtest for what they're calling D&D Next. So
        it's up to us.

        Here's the goals I'd like to see happen in this little collection of 365
        days:

        1. Write-in campaign to implore WotC to include Gamma World materials in
        their release of older materials. It's be great if it wasn't just D&D/AD&D
        stuff they released, but we have to prove to them there's a market for the
        older GW stuff through legal channels.
        2. The revitalization of Project Stone Jambalaya or another GW zine for the
        year that produces at least two issues. I will help this process in any way
        I can, including making it available through the & webpage and using some &
        resources to help, but it will require someone to handle layout, its own
        stable of artists, proofers separate from the & staff, and of course
        contributors. And I'll also be happy to butt out if asked.
        3. The creation of at least one new adventure module or setting for GW this
        year, either by a single person, small team, or as a collaborative project
        using crowdsourced materials for content. GW is wonderful for this, as
        ruined cities, towns, port areas, and other such areas are great places for
        a lot of small adventures to nestle up with each other for comfort and
        warmth. (and bloodshed)

        Anyone like these ideas enough to get involved with them? Anyone got any
        other ideas?

        Well, someone had to say something around here...