Steam Punk Injuns

  • Moses Wildermuth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
      Sorry for the slightly racist title, I couldn't resist the bad pun.

      I just saw these today and had to share.

      http://www.retronaut.co/2011/07/steampunk-native-americans/

      These are just way too F'ing cool.

    • Lizard
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
        On 6/1/2012 1:09 PM, Moses Wildermuth wrote:

        > Sorry for the slightly racist title, I couldn't resist the bad pun.
        >
        > I just saw these today and had to share.
        >
        > http://www.retronaut.co/2011/07/steampunk-native-americans/
        >

        > These are just way too F'ing cool.

        I hate to nitpick, because those are awesome images, but that's really
        Cyberpunk Native Americans, more than steampunk. They look like
        something from early Gibson or Shadowrun techno-shamans. This doesn't
        make them any less cool, but circuitboards aren't steampunk.

        Amusingly, I am right now working on a steampunk western setting for my
        GURPS dimension-hopping game.

        The sheriff of the town has a faithful Indian sidekick.

        Named Rahib Sudhansu.
      • Moses Wildermuth
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
          On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:32:40 -0500, Lizard <lizard@...> wrote:

          > I hate to nitpick, because those are awesome images, but that's really
          > Cyberpunk Native Americans, more than steampunk. They look like
          > something from early Gibson or Shadowrun techno-shamans. This doesn't
          > make them any less cool, but circuitboards aren't steampunk.
          >
          > Amusingly, I am right now working on a steampunk western setting for my
          > GURPS dimension-hopping game.
          >
          > The sheriff of the town has a faithful Indian sidekick.
          >
          > Named Rahib Sudhansu.

          Absolutely you are correct. Or cd roms or pieces of floppy drives. lol.

          Actually, I was looking for something that randomly generates steampunk
          gizmos. I didn't find any. Still looking.