Rango

  • Tetsubo
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2011
      I saw the new animated film Rango last weekend. My full review is
      here (YouTube link):

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLlaSpktYY

      But I wanted to expand on that for the PA fan. I think this film is
      quite possibly the best anthro animal movie I have ever seen. I just
      kept thinking of After the Bomb, Justifiers or Albedo while watching it.
      Also the new The Mutant Epoch game. If you are a fan of anthro
      characters or races this is a must see movie.

      --
      Tetsubo
      Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 3, 2011
        On 6/3/2011 10:57 AM, Tetsubo wrote:
        > I saw the new animated film Rango last weekend. My full review is
        > here (YouTube link):
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLlaSpktYY
        >
        > But I wanted to expand on that for the PA fan. I think this film is
        > quite possibly the best anthro animal movie I have ever seen. I just
        > kept thinking of After the Bomb, Justifiers or Albedo while watching it.
        > Also the new The Mutant Epoch game. If you are a fan of anthro
        > characters or races this is a must see movie.

        See also:http://mrlizard.com/earth-delta/rango-as-post-apocalyptic-setting/
      • Tetsubo
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 3, 2011
          On 6/3/2011 1:10 PM, Lizard wrote:

          On 6/3/2011 10:57 AM, Tetsubo wrote:
          > I saw the new animated film Rango last weekend. My full review is
          > here (YouTube link):
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLlaSpktYY
          >
          > But I wanted to expand on that for the PA fan. I think this film is
          > quite possibly the best anthro animal movie I have ever seen. I just
          > kept thinking of After the Bomb, Justifiers or Albedo while watching it.
          > Also the new The Mutant Epoch game. If you are a fan of anthro
          > characters or races this is a must see movie.

          See also:http://mrlizard.com/earth-delta/rango-as-post-apocalyptic-setting/

              Thank you for the link.

          --
          Tetsubo
          Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
          YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tetsubo57
        • Dubmaster C
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
            What about Rock & Rule? I think thats a way better PA animal flick...

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
              On 6/4/2011 11:26 AM, Dubmaster C wrote:
              > What about Rock& Rule? I think thats a way better PA animal flick...

              Extremely hard to find, for one thing. A lot of people haven't seen it.

              It's deliberately and openly PA; Rango isn't, but it strangely WORKS as one.

              As to better/worse... I think they're sufficiently different in their
              goals and storytelling styles that they can't be directly compared on
              anything but a relatively superficial level.
            • Moses Wildermuth
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
                Rock & Rule is a great pa movie, cheap trick, debbie harry, iggy pop.

                I am Mok, thanx alot!

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
                  I havent seen Rango, just assumed it was PA since everyones talking about it here...

                  Rock & Rule is a great pa movie, cheap trick, debbie harry, iggy pop.

                  I am Mok, thanx alot!

                  On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:59:19 -0500, Lizard <lizard@...> wrote:

                  > On 6/4/2011 11:26 AM, Dubmaster C wrote:
                  >> What about Rock&  Rule? I think thats a way better PA animal flick...
                  >>

                  > Extremely hard to find, for one thing. A lot of people haven't seen it.
                  >
                  > It's deliberately and openly PA; Rango isn't, but it strangely WORKS as
                  > one.
                  >
                  > As to better/worse... I think they're sufficiently different in their
                  > goals and storytelling styles that they can't be directly compared on
                  > anything but a relatively superficial level.

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      gammaworld-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      gammaworld-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • Ralph Glatt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
                    I first saw Rock and Rule on HBO several years ago. A few years later I managed to get a bootleg copy on VHS. I still cant make out all the words to Ohm Sweet Ohm.

                    On Sat Jun 4th, 2011 11:59 AM EDT Lizard wrote:

                    >On 6/4/2011 11:26 AM, Dubmaster C wrote:
                    >> What about Rock& Rule? I think thats a way better PA animal flick...
                    >>

                    >Extremely hard to find, for one thing. A lot of people haven't seen it.
                    >
                    >It's deliberately and openly PA; Rango isn't, but it strangely WORKS as one.
                    >
                    >As to better/worse... I think they're sufficiently different in their
                    >goals and storytelling styles that they can't be directly compared on
                    >anything but a relatively superficial level.

                  • Thomas O. Magann Jr.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
                      Amazon has it on bluray. I'm afraid to get it through. I haven't seen my copy of Wizards sinc my kid borrowed it 3 years ago

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 4, 2011
                        On 6/4/2011 11:26 AM, Dubmaster C wrote:

                        What about Rock & Rule? I think thats a way better PA animal flick...
                            I love Rock & Rule. But I thought that Rango was a better film overall. Plus the animals look like living creatures rather than purely cartoons.