RE: [gwmg] - re Miniatures

  • Joshua Diffey
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
      I've looked longingly at their site a few times myself, but I couldn't justify the investment because I really just don't have the time for it. I have a couple hundred dollars worth of Tyranids that I picked up for our Xenopwn board game we made, but I pretty much have to wait for power outages or thunderstorms in my area (I have to unplug all my electronics & phone line or risk everything getting fried) before I really sit down and spend some time working on them.

      To: gammaworld@yahoogroups.com
      From: lizard@...
      Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 23:26:10 -0400
      Subject: Re: [gwmg] - re Miniatures

      I've been seriously looking at Hirst Arts molds, because I need another
      black hole into which I can sink my time and money. They have many molds
      which would be kick-ass for making Gamma World scenery.

    • Lizard
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2010
        On 9/1/2010 7:32 AM, Joshua Diffey wrote:

        > I've looked longingly at their site a few times myself, but I couldn't justify the investment because I really just don't have the time for it. I have a couple hundred dollars worth of Tyranids that I picked up for our Xenopwn board game we made, but I pretty much have to wait for power outages or thunderstorms in my area (I have to unplug all my electronics& phone line or risk everything getting fried) before I really sit down and spend some time working on them.

        I'm hoping I can find the time to justify it. I ran some numbers, and
        the complete initial cost, including the recommended casting material,
        shipping for 25 lbs of same, assorted minor supplies (knife, plastic
        cups, paint, etc), is slightly LESS than the cost of the "starter set"
        of Dwarven Forge miniatures ($119.00), and will make a LOT more
        components. (This is two molds, the "flagstone walls" and "flagstone
        floors" molds). Even if I have have a large failure rate as I learn the
        process, I should still come out way ahead on money, if not on time.