Re: [gwmg] - Gamma Russia

  • Robert Blezard
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
      I not only remember that, I PDFed it. I have it on a CD-ROM. I can post
      it in the files section if you like.

      --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:

      > Talk about blasts forn the past, that's my old website from way back
      when :-) It's all there, except the navigation menu which was in its
      own frame.
    • Robert Blezard
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
        I've done some work on making a "Gamma Canada" type campaign. I
        recently brought it up in a thread on EN World...

        http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/243212-describe-
        your-vision-gamma-world-where-you-live.html

        I created a few PDF maps of what I entitled "The Western Northlands."
        I'll post it in the Files section.

        Cheers!

        RPB

        --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Hinderliter
        <hinderli1@...> wrote:

        > Hey, I remember that!
        >
        > More importantly, it has just given me an idea of what to do with
        Canada.
        > I've been working up a GWd20 Campaign using the Settle setting from
        GW5e (Sans Sasquatch and with the "Alien invasion" having been from a
        crashed ship that had been hijacked by GW1e-3e style androids during
        the cyberoid rebellion) but was wondering what to do with Canada.

        > I love the monster-filled frozen wasteland concept, and intend on
        Angicanizing it, but there is very good chance that I'll be adding
        the influence of some Trans-Siberian migrations (pehaps I'll even re-
        introduce the Sasquatch as Russian-speaking Yetis...).

        > So, my thanks to Soylent for the original idea, and to
        northerntroll for the link.

        > - Regards,
        > Chris
      • northerntroll
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2008
          Glad to be of service. :)

          Soylent's stuff was too good to let slip away.

          --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Hinderliter <hinderli1@...> wrote:

          > Hey, I remember that!
          >
          > More importantly, it has just given me an idea of what to do with Canada.
          > I've been working up a GWd20 Campaign using the Settle setting from GW5e (Sans
          Sasquatch and with the "Alien invasion" having been from a crashed ship that had been
          hijacked by GW1e-3e style androids during the cyberoid rebellion) but was wondering
          what to do with Canada.

          > I love the monster-filled frozen wasteland concept, and intend on Angicanizing it, but
          there is very good chance that I'll be adding the influence of some Trans-Siberian
          migrations (pehaps I'll even re-introduce the Sasquatch as Russian-speaking Yetis...).

          > So, my thanks to Soylent for the original idea, and to northerntroll for the link.
          >
          > - Regards,
          > Chris

        • Soylent Green
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 4, 2008
            It's okay. I still have all the files from my Gamma World/Mutant Bikers of the Atomic Wastelands safely backed up, but thanks antyway.

            To: gammaworld@yahoogroups.com
            From: rblezard@...
            Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:25:14 +0000
            Subject: Re: [gwmg] - Gamma Russia

            I not only remember that, I PDFed it. I have it on a CD-ROM. I can post
            it in the files section if you like.

            --- In gammaworld@yahoogro ups.com, Soylent Green <gsoylent@.. .> wrote:

            > Talk about blasts forn the past, that's my old website from way back
            when :-) It's all there, except the navigation menu which was in its
            own frame.

            Read amazing stories to your kids on Messenger Try it Now!
          • northerntroll
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 4, 2008
              I just spent the past hour downloading stuff from this thread (while
              watching the US Red vs. Blue). Great stuff! Got any more? ;-)

              (I'm a fellow electronic gaming packrat. lol)

              --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Blezard" <rblezard@...> wrote:

              > I've done some work on making a "Gamma Canada" type campaign. I
              > recently brought it up in a thread on EN World...
              >
              > http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/243212-describe-
              > your-vision-gamma-world-where-you-live.html
              >
              > I created a few PDF maps of what I entitled "The Western Northlands."
              > I'll post it in the Files section.
              >
              > Cheers!
              >
              > RPB
            • Robert Blezard
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
                Well, I posted the PDF for Gamma Russia already. I mainly posted it
                for other people's use. I'll remove it if you want.

                --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:

                > It's okay. I still have all the files from my Gamma World/Mutant
                Bikers of the Atomic Wastelands safely backed up, but thanks antyway.

                > To: gammaworld@...: rblezard@...: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:25:14
                +0000Subject: Re: [gwmg] - Gamma Russia

                > I not only remember that, I PDFed it. I have it on a CD-ROM. I can
                post it in the files section if you like.--- In
                gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Soylent Green <gsoylent@> wrote:>> > Talk
                about blasts forn the past, that's my old website from way back
                when :-) It's all there, except the navigation menu which was in its
                own frame.

                > Win an Xbox 360 or £200 Top Shop Vouchers

              • Robert Blezard
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
                  That's all the older Gamma World stuff I have. I haven't yet begun to
                  troll through the Files section here for more goodies.

                  I found some websites with some interesting stuff, however. I can't
                  remember the URLs right now but one of them had a PDF of the rules
                  for Gamma World 3rd Edition. I guess I could post that here, unless
                  it breaks some sort of rule. Another had dozens of Netbooks for the
                  various editions of Gamma World.

                  Here are the one's I downloaded...

                  AlJewellsMutations.pdf
                  zirra_summer2005_gw.pdf
                  zirras-winter-2005-update.pdf

                  Do those file names seem familiar to anyone?

                  On a side note, I bought the Cryptic Alliances book for 6th Edition
                  today, however. It looks pretty good. Lots of good background
                  information.

                  I'd already bought the GW Player's Handbook and the Machines &
                  Mutants monster book. However, I'm not going to buy the GW
                  Gamemaster's Guide. From what I hear, it's more of a "how to be a
                  gamemaster reference" than a GW sourcebook.

                  I don't need that.

                  --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "northerntroll"

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
                    Oh no, no need to remove it at all. If anyone find it useful they are welcome to it. It's mostly ripped off from Rift's "Warlords of Russia" book anyway :-)

                    To: gammaworld@yahoogroups.com
                    From: rblezard@...
                    Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:54:29 +0000

                    Well, I posted the PDF for Gamma Russia already. I mainly posted it
                    for other people's use. I'll remove it if you want.

                    --- In gammaworld@yahoogro ups.com, Soylent Green <gsoylent@.. .> wrote:

                    > It's okay. I still have all the files from my Gamma World/Mutant
                    Bikers of the Atomic Wastelands safely backed up, but thanks antyway.

                    > To: gammaworld@. ..: rblezard@... : Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:25:14
                    +0000Subject: Re: [gwmg] - Gamma Russia

                    > I not only remember that, I PDFed it. I have it on a CD-ROM. I can
                    post it in the files section if you like.--- In
                    gammaworld@yahoogro ups.com, Soylent Green <gsoylent@> wrote:>> > Talk
                    about blasts forn the past, that's my old website from way back
                    when :-) It's all there, except the navigation menu which was in its
                    own frame.

                    > Win an Xbox 360 or £200 Top Shop Vouchers
                    > http://clk.atdmt. com/GBL/go/ 115454062/ direct/01/

                    Click here for FREE customisable desktop wallpapers. Get them Now!
                  • Soylent Green
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008

                      Actually the GM Guide book is probably the one I like best out of the otherwise, for me, lackluster d20 version of Gamma World. But then I am a sucker for GM advice sections. Show me a book full of stats for critters and gear and I'll just yawn. Show me an intelligent, in depth discussion an GM techniques and I'm hooked. I guess even after all these years, my GMing has never got to be so good that it do without improving.

                      Much of the GM guide was written by Greg Stoltze (sp?) who over the years has come up with a number of interesting and innovative designs for roleplaying games (on his site he's got a free rpg called "In Spaaace" ). His section read very much like a generic GM advice article later adapted to Gamma World, but it still makes for an interesting read.

                      To: gammaworld@yahoogroups.com
                      From: rblezard@...
                      Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:12:51 +0000
                      Subject: [gwmg] - Re: Gamma Canada

                      <northerntroll@ ...> wrote:

                      > I just spent the past hour downloading stuff from this thread (while
                      > watching the US Red vs. Blue). Great stuff! Got any more? ;-)
                      >
                      > (I'm a fellow electronic gaming packrat. lol)

                      Win £1000 John Lewis shopping sprees with BigSnapSearch.com Search now
                    • David Reeves
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
                        What map-making tool did you use for the Western Canada maps? Was it
                        Campaign Cartographer? The maps look good.
                      • northerntroll
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
                          :-) Yep, those are very familiar to me. They're from the PA Forge - much
                          of the 3rd edition material is related to GammaHammer's home system
                          Masters of the Earth. Good stuff, all of it - and a huge amount, too. He
                          does great work and has a great site - an excellent guy all around.

                          I recommend the files section - there's a lot of interesting material in
                          there. Plus, the links - there are many very good sites, Les Braun's,
                          Tormentor's, the New West, and on and on. It's enough to make an
                          Archivist get misty-eyed.

                          Enty

                          --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Blezard" <rblezard@...> wrote:

                          > That's all the older Gamma World stuff I have. I haven't yet begun to
                          > troll through the Files section here for more goodies.
                          >
                          > I found some websites with some interesting stuff, however. I can't
                          > remember the URLs right now but one of them had a PDF of the rules
                          > for Gamma World 3rd Edition. I guess I could post that here, unless
                          > it breaks some sort of rule. Another had dozens of Netbooks for the
                          > various editions of Gamma World.
                          >
                          > Here are the one's I downloaded...
                          >
                          > AlJewellsMutations.pdf
                          > zirra_summer2005_gw.pdf
                          > zirras-winter-2005-update.pdf
                          >
                          > Do those file names seem familiar to anyone?
                          >
                          > On a side note, I bought the Cryptic Alliances book for 6th Edition
                          > today, however. It looks pretty good. Lots of good background
                          > information.
                          >
                          > I'd already bought the GW Player's Handbook and the Machines &
                          > Mutants monster book. However, I'm not going to buy the GW
                          > Gamemaster's Guide. From what I hear, it's more of a "how to be a
                          > gamemaster reference" than a GW sourcebook.
                          >
                          > I don't need that.
                        • Robert Blezard
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
                            I do have Campaign Cartographer 3, but I'm sure I didn't create it in
                            that program. Hmm, it might have been the more generic Campaign Mapper
                            that came with the AD&D Core Rules CD-ROM. I can't remember for sure,
                            however.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
                              <northerntroll@...> wrote:

                              > :-) Yep, those are very familiar to me. They're from the PA Forge -
                              much
                              > of the 3rd edition material is related to GammaHammer's home system
                              > Masters of the Earth. Good stuff, all of it - and a huge amount,
                              too. He
                              > does great work and has a great site - an excellent guy all around.

                              Right! That was the site's name. I remember now.

                              > I recommend the files section - there's a lot of interesting
                              material in
                              > there. Plus, the links - there are many very good sites, Les
                              Braun's,
                              > Tormentor's, the New West, and on and on. It's enough to make an
                              > Archivist get misty-eyed.

                              I visited both the New West site and Tormentor's site in the past. I
                              remember them from when Gamma World was revised for Alternity. I
                              spents HOURS scanning the Internet for Gamma World stuff then and
                              came across them that way.
                            • Robert Blezard
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 5, 2008
                                Cool. I've moved it to a folder and posted the other PDFed pages from
                                your old site that I still have -- Cointh, Lake Providence, and
                                Saragosa.