Re: [gwmg] - STARLOST, THE: Complete Series

  • Rat Traveller
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1 5:41 AM
      OK Forty dollars for what is supposed to be the worst Sci Fi show ever is one thing but for it to be out of stock?!? Are you Canadians buying this up so others will not know your shame?

      RAT

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1 5:44 AM
        On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Rat Traveller <ratcamp33@...> wrote:
        > OK Forty dollars for what is supposed to be the worst Sci Fi show ever is
        > one thing but for it to be out of stock?!? Are you Canadians buying this up
        > so others will not know your shame?

        I dont recall ever hearing of this show. When did it air?
        --
        Jonathan M. Thompson
        Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com)
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1 5:45 AM
          On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Jonathan Thompson <thompsonjm@...> wrote:
          > On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Rat Traveller <ratcamp33@...> wrote:
          >> OK Forty dollars for what is supposed to be the worst Sci Fi show ever is
          >> one thing but for it to be out of stock?!? Are you Canadians buying this up
          >> so others will not know your shame?
          >
          > I dont recall ever hearing of this show. When did it air?

          Nevermind, I see it was 1976. Could it really have been worse than ISIS?

          --
          Jonathan M. Thompson
          Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com)
          jthompson@...
          d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
          thompsonjm@...
          In Development: (2008) Pulp Tales (for True20), (2009) Fantastic World
          (Ubiquity), Eric Flint's 1632 RPG (MGT), Terran Trade Authority RPG
          (MGT) & Warren Norwood's Double Spiral War (MGT) | "Imagination will
          often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go
          nowhere." - Carl Sagan
        • Tetsubo
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1 5:46 AM
            Jonathan Thompson wrote:

            > On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:41 AM, Rat Traveller <ratcamp33@...> wrote:
            >
            >>OK Forty dollars for what is supposed to be the worst Sci Fi show ever is
            >>one thing but for it to be out of stock?!? Are you Canadians buying this up
            >>so others will not know your shame?
            >

            > I dont recall ever hearing of this show. When did it air?

            1976 I believe.

            Tetsubo
            --------------------------------------

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1 5:50 AM
              We recently had a big discussion of it so check the previous emails. I forget exactly when but sometime in the early seventies. It was the basis for Metamorphesis Alpha to Omega which later became Gamma World.
              Show had possibilites but like so many Sci Fi shows of that time (Pre Star Wars) TV people did not "get it" and it died.

              RAT

              jthompson@battlefie ldpress.com
              d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines. com)
              thompsonjm@gmail. com
              In Development: (2008) Pulp Tales (for True20), (2009) Fantastic World
              (Ubiquity), Eric Flint's 1632 RPG (MGT), Terran Trade Authority RPG
              (MGT) & Warren Norwood's Double Spiral War (MGT) | "Imagination will
              often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go
              nowhere." - Carl Sagan

            • Nicole Massey
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1 6:14 AM
                Harlan Ellison's fight with the people behind the show, where they did
                everything they could to insult, belittle, and block any efforts he could
                make to help them make a decent show, are the stuff of science fiction
                legend. And since Harlan has no forgotten slights in his past, he still
                waxes poetic about it from time to time.

                > OK Forty dollars for what is supposed to be the worst Sci Fi show
                ever is
                > one thing but for it to be out of stock?!? Are you Canadians
                buying this up
                > so others will not know your shame?

                I dont recall ever hearing of this show. When did it air?
                --
                Jonathan M. Thompson
                Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpre ss.com)
                jthompson@battlefie ldpress.com
                <mailto:jthompson%40battlefieldpress.com>
                d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines. com)
                thompsonjm@gmail. com <mailto:thompsonjm%40gmail.com>