RE: [gwmg] - Twisted ideas over the years

  • Nicole Massey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
      In my Post-Apocalyptic stuff there are societies based on the SCA and the
      Buckskinners. These groups are primitive enough in their technological needs
      that they'd survive fairly easily, with the added advantage of having
      fairly effective combat capabilities that can be maintained pretty much
      indefinitely. Both groups are also a fixture in the current story I'm
      working on.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
          I once had a player who rolled very sophisticated mutant kangaroo who's catch phrase was "I used to box for Oxford."

          To: gammaworld@yahoogroups.com
          From: shallown@...
          Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 15:36:14 +0000

[...]

          Messenger's gone Mobile! Get it now!
        • concord
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2008
            shallown wrote:
            > What ideas have you had that you used to develop unique groups etc
            > while running gamma world.
            >
            > perhaps a society buil around an abondoned prison were life was
            > full of individual gangs

            THE STORY OF THE CON FED AKORD

            As written by Joonoor Myk Ell Ordur

            Seeker Thadeus ask me to write the story of the Con Fed Akord.

            Letz see, where to start. I tell it like Grandeddie telled it to me.

            We waz Conz. Scum of the worstest kind. We waz locked away from the
            goodies. The Fedz watchin over us. Keepin us in The Pen.

            Then it all felled apart.

            The war machinz, paserz and the scum on the outside start hitin The Pen.
            The Fedz waz loozin, big time. Then everyone start gittin sick. The Blue
            Death killin all, Con or Fed, no matter.

            Kuchera did come when the time waz bad.

            Kuchera told the Fedz and Conz to fire The Pen and move on in one
            family. It waz the only way to git from the Blue Death. The Pen waz
            fired, to the ground, all ashes. The Five Con families did join with the
            Fedz and the First Akord waz done.

            The First Akord found the others that git from the Blue Death. We made a
            pen, Vania, and took to watchin over them. They farmed, we kept watchin.
            Fightin against war machinz, paserz and scum, watchin the ones that
            farmed. We moved out and found others. Other pens were made, Vana,
            Axton, Derica, Daxe and Brunz. The Fedz stayed, the old Con families
            moved apart, the Akord went apart.

            Then came the South Run Horde. A horde of Orsemen and scum. The South
            Run Horde took Vana, then Axton, then Derica, then Daxe, then Brunz,
            then Vania. All was lost. The South Run Horde had all. But yet some of
            the Akord did git from the horde. Towards the Vills they did git. The
            Akord did tell the Vills the coming of the South Run Horde. A battle waz
            fightin at Hines Vill bridge. The South Run Horde went apart. The Akord
            did fightin them as they ran. First was takin back Vania, then Daxe,
            then Derica, then Axton, then Vana, then Brunz.

            A new joining was then done, The Con Fed Akord. The Six, Fewree, Ordur,
            Turkz, Razza, Nyturz, Fedrall, were one, no more to be apart, no more to
            fall to the scum.

            The Vills did want to join with us in the Con Fed Akord. The Six did
            tell them no joining.

            Over the years the Six did fightin with the Orsemen clans. Many were
            killin, but we were still joined.

            Then did Vana fall to the Drake Run Clan, Orsemen scum. The Six were not
            broken for the family of Vana did git before Vana did fall. Fightin for
            Vana did the Six make, but Vana was not takin back.

            A joining of the Vills and the Gair Sun Forz, The Union did wish to join
            with the Con Fed Akord. The Six did tell them to help takin back Vana
            and The Union did join with The Con Fed Akord.

            The Union Guard did start watchin Axton, Derica, Daxe, Brunz and Vania.
            Watchin the farmers and the families, watchin for more Orsemen scum.
            When the watchin was set, then was the fightin time.

            The Con Fed Militia did lead the Union Guard to Vana. The Drake Run Clan
            leader waz scared of the fightin men of the Six. He did sneak to the
            Union Guard and did tell their Kaptan his Clan was done. The Kaptan did
            not give the Clan to the Con Fed Militia for killin. The Kaptan did tell
            his word to the Drake Run Clan leader for watchin. Vana waz takin back
            to the Con Fed Akord and the Drake Run Clan git to the Gair Sun Forz for
            watchin.

            The Union Guard did start watchin Vana. Watchin the farmers and the
            families, watchin for more Orsemen scum.

            The story of the Con Fed Akord as telled to me by my Grandeddie.
          • Shawn Adams
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
              Amazing how great minds think in parallel.

              About 12 or so years ago, I ran a similar game to the abandoned prison.

              The story was the prison was a max. security, where the cons were stored
              in cryo-suspension - the entire operation in the middle of a desert,
              operated by computer, and guarded by bots of various kinds.

              The cons were imprisoned in a cryo-capsule, and also fitted with a
              locked glove (gauntlet) that allowed GPS tracking, in case of escape.

              During the apocolypse, a few escaped, but didnt' get far, leaving a few
              clues for the PCs who stumbled along some 400+ years later.

              Finding one of these strange gauntlets - the PCs presumed it must be
              great piece of armor, or even a weapon, and one put it on, ignoring the
              previously mentioned clues....

              Moving further than x meters from the prison triggered the warden-bot,
              who relentlessly chased down the PCs...took them a while to figure out
              the bad news.

              Actually, the story was concocted to cure PCs of treasure hoarding, and
              as i recall, it worked for at least a few sessions..especially the one
              who pushed his commrades to the side to grab the glove and put it on...

              --
              Shawn Adams
              shawn_adams@...