Re: [gwmg] - So Who all is going to give Mutant Future a try??

  • David Reeves
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 1, 2008
      I'm looking forward to MF. Thanks, Dan, for all the hard work!

      If you don't mind revealing a few details, what are the plans for
      other MF products if MF does well? Do you have any tantalizing bits
      to share?

      TeknoMerk

      --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Goblinoid Games
      <goblinoidgames@...> wrote:

      > [snip]
      > I will have succeeded if you find a use
      > for it, even if you don't feel it is worth your
      > hard-earned dollars.
      >
      > I'm actually an anthropologist by trade, but I operate
      > a publishing effort on the side as my second love.
      >
      > Best,
      > Dan Proctor
    • brutorzbill
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
        I'd be curious about this as well! I'd love a Mutant Manual!!

        --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "David Reeves" <teknomerk@...>
        wrote:

        > I'm looking forward to MF. Thanks, Dan, for all the hard work!
        >
        > If you don't mind revealing a few details, what are the plans for
        > other MF products if MF does well? Do you have any tantalizing
        bits
        > to share?
        >
        > TeknoMerk
        >
        > --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Goblinoid Games
        > <goblinoidgames@> wrote:
        > >

        > > [snip]
        > > I will have succeeded if you find a use
        > > for it, even if you don't feel it is worth your
        > > hard-earned dollars.
        > >
        > > I'm actually an anthropologist by trade, but I operate
        > > a publishing effort on the side as my second love.
        > >
        > > Best,
        > > Dan Proctor

      • Goblinoid Games
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
          We have a series of articles for MF planned for
          publication in the Scribe of Orcus. Larger projects
          will have to wait until I can A) access how well they
          will do, and 2) come back from doing academic research
          here and over seas.

          However, I do have a MF module that is thrashing
          around in my head like a mutant land squid, so I think
          I'm going to have to work on that in between other
          projects over the next several months, if for no other
          reason than to get it off my mind!

          Keep in mind that MF will have an open license, so
          while I'd love to create a "Mutant Manual," this
          possibility is open to anyone who has the inclination.
          I know my coauthor and I had a blast writing monsters
          for the core book.

          Best,
          Dan

          --- brutorzbill <brutorzbill@...> wrote:

          > I'd be curious about this as well! I'd love a
          > Mutant Manual!!
          >
          > --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "David Reeves"
          > <teknomerk@...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > I'm looking forward to MF. Thanks, Dan, for all
          > the hard work!
          > >
          > > If you don't mind revealing a few details, what
          > are the plans for
          > > other MF products if MF does well? Do you have
          > any tantalizing
          > bits
          > > to share?
          > >
          > > TeknoMerk
          > >
          > > --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Goblinoid Games
          > > <goblinoidgames@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > [snip]
          > > > I will have succeeded if you find a use
          > > > for it, even if you don't feel it is worth your
          > > > hard-earned dollars.
          > > >
          > > > I'm actually an anthropologist by trade, but I
          > operate
          > > > a publishing effort on the side as my second
          > love.
          > > >
          > > > Best,
          > > > Dan Proctor

        • semajsivraj
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
            Been trying it. Played it again just this past weekend, wa sa palytester. I really enjoy the
            number of new mutants in the book and the general style there.

            I'm kicking about the idea of doing a north american campaign similar to that of the
            Wilderlands of High Fantasy.

            A few of my regular tuesday nighters want to try a pirates campaign instead in the
            summer...so maybe i'll do pirates of the mutant future.
          • Missychelle74
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
              <goblinoidgames@...> wrote:

              > We have a series of articles for MF planned for
              > publication in the Scribe of Orcus. Larger projects
              > will have to wait until I can A) access how well they
              > will do, and 2) come back from doing academic research
              > here and over seas.
              >
              > However, I do have a MF module that is thrashing
              > around in my head like a mutant land squid, so I think
              > I'm going to have to work on that in between other
              > projects over the next several months, if for no other
              > reason than to get it off my mind!
              >
              > Keep in mind that MF will have an open license, so
              > while I'd love to create a "Mutant Manual," this
              > possibility is open to anyone who has the inclination.
              > I know my coauthor and I had a blast writing monsters
              > for the core book.
              >
              > Best,
              > Dan
              >
              > H.P. Lovecraft wrote his stories under an open license in the
              1920's and 1930's. Look how wide spread the Cthulhu mythos are now.

              > > --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "David Reeves"
              > > <teknomerk@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >

              > > > I'm looking forward to MF. Thanks, Dan, for all
              > > the hard work!
              > > >
              > > > If you don't mind revealing a few details, what
              > > are the plans for
              > > > other MF products if MF does well? Do you have
              > > any tantalizing
              > > bits
              > > > to share?
              > > >
              > > > TeknoMerk
              > > >
              > > > --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Goblinoid Games

              > > operate
              > > love.

              ______________
              Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

            • Josh D
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
                I for one will really be supporting MF and whatever additional products that'll go along with it. It's looking like a lot of fun and I can't wait to get my 6-fingered hands on it! :)

                To: gammaworld@yahoogroups.com
                From: goblinoidgames@...
                Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:17:52 -0700
                Subject: Re: [gwmg] - So Who all is going to give Mutant Future a try??

                --- brutorzbill <brutorzbill@ hotmail.com> wrote:

                > I'd be curious about this as well! I'd love a
                > Mutant Manual!!
                >
                > --- In gammaworld@yahoogro ups.com, "David Reeves"
                > <teknomerk@. ..>
                > wrote:
                > >

                > > I'm looking forward to MF. Thanks, Dan, for all
                > the hard work!
                > >
                > > If you don't mind revealing a few details, what
                > are the plans for
                > > other MF products if MF does well? Do you have
                > any tantalizing
                > bits
                > > to share?
                > >
                > > TeknoMerk
                > >
                > > --- In gammaworld@yahoogro ups.com, Goblinoid Games
                > > <goblinoidgames@ > wrote:
                > > >

                > > > [snip]
                > > > I will have succeeded if you find a use
                > > > for it, even if you don't feel it is worth your
                > > > hard-earned dollars.
                > > >
                > > > I'm actually an anthropologist by trade, but I
                > operate
                > > > a publishing effort on the side as my second
                > love.
                > > >
                > > > Best,
                > > > Dan Proctor

                http://tc.deals. yahoo.com/ tc/blockbuster/ text5.com

              • nedpatrick
                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
                  I can't wait for Mutant Future. I'm already adding a print-copy to my X-mas list for next
                  year. I fully support the old-school gaming trend. Take that attacks of opportunity.
                • zen_darkstar
                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
                    wrote:

                    > Keep in mind that MF will have an open license, so
                    > while I'd love to create a "Mutant Manual," this
                    > possibility is open to anyone who has the inclination.
                    > I know my coauthor and I had a blast writing monsters
                    > for the core book.

                    From what I read on the GG forum about the Spider-Goat, I know you had
                    a blast writing up mutants. I usually have fun making up monsters for
                    other classic fantasy games, but making mutants for this type of
                    classic fantasy game is really fun as you are suppose to go crazy and
                    outlandish. When I make mutants, they range from the cartoony-type
                    mutants from Thundarr the Barbarian to eldrich-horror type of whatevers
                    you would find in the Cthulhu Mythos, and even mutant Scrubbing
                    Bubbles ;P

                    I cant wait to see what mutant freaks you have lined up for the final
                    product.
                  • zen_darkstar
                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
                      --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "semajsivraj" <semajsivraj@...>
                      wrote:

                      > A few of my regular tuesday nighters want to try a pirates campaign
                      instead in the summer...so maybe i'll do pirates of the mutant future.

                      I have ran an exiting pirates campaigns for Gamma World. I take a lot
                      of elements from Edgar Rice Burroughs's Baarsoom (mars) Saga with a mix
                      of Thundarr. This resulted in in high-adventure with lots of airships,
                      mutant buccaneers with crudely fashioned energy weapons, half-naked
                      princesses & slave-girls, and Earl Flynn-type heroes (remember the
                      skiff scene from Return of the Jedi? Its like that and more!). Dame,
                      that was an amazing game!

                      At least Bandits & Pirates are available in MF. I hope it would also
                      have some cool futuristic airships.
                    • Kevin Chenevert
                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 3, 2008
                        I am in! When will the pdf be available? Could a beta be made
                        available if only to this yahoo group?

                        What will the cost of the softback and hardback version?

                        Why don't you/we do a collaborative adventure?

                        Give us an updated ETA or beta or some teasers like the mutations
                        section or some more artwork!
                      • Kevin Chenevert
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 2, 2008
                          --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Chenevert"
                          <kevinchenevert@...> wrote:

                          > I am in! When will the pdf be available? Could a beta be made
                          > available if only to this yahoo group?
                          >
                          > What will the cost of the softback and hardback version?
                          >
                          > Why don't you/we do a collaborative adventure?
                          >
                          > Give us an updated ETA or beta or some teasers like the mutations
                          > section or some more artwork!

                          UPDATE?

                          Anything? Crumbs from the master's table?
                        • Jeremy
                          Message 12 of 25 , May 3, 2008
                            --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Chenevert" <kevinchenevert@...> wrote:

                            > I am in!  When will the pdf be available?  Could a beta be made
                            > available if only to this yahoo group?
                            >
                            > What will the cost of the softback and hardback version?
                            >
                            > Why don't you/we do a collaborative adventure?
                            >
                            > Give us an updated ETA or beta or some teasers like the mutations
                            > section or some more artwork!

                            I don't have a lot of answers, for I'm not involved with the game's development. From what I was told (in correspondents), he is now working on the layout. I had submitted some artwork for the game that can be found at my gallery.

                            The Mutant Future art in my gallery are:
                            - What is Role-Playing?
                            - Spacesuit Cowboy
                            - Cloning Chamber
                            - Post-Apocalyptic Landscape
                            [I got more art along the way, so comeback later if you want to see more]

                            Dave (the producer) expressed interest in using the What is Role-playing? pic in advertising.

                            Jason Braun  also did the cover art, plus interior art.

                            Andy "ATOM" Taylor  also did some interior art.
                          • Robert Weber
                            Message 13 of 25 , May 3, 2008
                              Very nice! I was familiar with ATOM's art, since I found a link to his art (not this particular site!) on Dragon's Foot, and I am familiar with Jason Braun (also a member of Dragon's Foot) but had not seen any of his art. A lot of talent here.

                              I've seen some of Zen's art before, but not these particular pieces. The Cloning Chamber & the Landscape are IMO the best, but the Spacesuit Cowboy & What is Role Playing are funny. ;)

                              Bobjester

                              Jeremy <zen_darkstar@...> wrote:
                              --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Chenevert" <kevinchenevert@...> wrote:

                              > I am in!  When will the pdf be available?  Could a beta be made
                              > available if only to this yahoo group?
                              >
                              > What will the cost of the softback and hardback version?
                              >
                              > Why don't you/we do a collaborative adventure?
                              >
                              > Give us an updated ETA or beta or some teasers like the mutations
                              > section or some more artwork!

                              I don't have a lot of answers, for I'm not involved with the game's development. From what I was told (in correspondents), he is now working on the layout. I had submitted some artwork for the game that can be found at my gallery.

                              The Mutant Future art in my gallery are:
                              - What is Role-Playing?
                              - Spacesuit Cowboy
                              - Cloning Chamber
                              - Post-Apocalyptic Landscape
                              [I got more art along the way, so comeback later if you want to see more]

                              Dave (the producer) expressed interest in using the What is Role-playing? pic in advertising.

                              Jason Braun  also did the cover art, plus interior art.

                              Andy "ATOM" Taylor  also did some interior art.

                              Bobjester posts at Dragon's Foot  (http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/index.php)
                              Roll Evil DM Dice for your PBeM or Online game. (http://dice.evildm.net/index.php)

                            • Jeremy
                              Message 14 of 25 , May 3, 2008
                                --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, Robert Weber <bobjester28@...> wrote:

                                > I've seen some of Zen's art before, but not these particular pieces.
                                The Cloning Chamber & the Landscape are IMO the best, but the
                                Spacesuit Cowboy & What is Role Playing are funny. ;)

                                Thanks! That means a lot! :D