New Fiction Book on Intellegent Animals

  • thehoneymnrs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1 1:27 PM
      Title: SIMS
      Author: F. Paul Wilson
      TOR books
      ISBM 0-765-34463-7

      From Back Cover:

      A New Species, made to order

      Just a few hundred genes separate humans from chimpanzees. Suppose you altered chimp DNA, creating a new species of worker, somewhere between simian and human?

      SimGen, a powerful new corporation, has done just that. Using their patented "sim" genome, they have begun breeding sims by the hundreds, leasing them out to serve as cheap manual labor in factories and sweatshops.

      My comment: This is scary and could become true now, because we are experimenting with combining human and animal DNA at this present time.

      Anyone out there interested in adopting an intellegent monkey???

      Big O.
    • Elizabeth Woodward
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1 6:29 PM
        This is how the Planet of the Apes got started, not the movie series but how the apes became smart enough to eventually take over.
        I'd want an intelligent monkey if it could speak english. It'd be a lot easier to argue with than a domestic(?) cat.

        Elizabeth W.

        Title: SIMS
        Author: F. Paul Wilson
        TOR books
        ISBM 0-765-34463-7

        From Back Cover:

        A New Species, made to order

        Just a few hundred genes separate humans from chimpanzees. Suppose you altered chimp DNA, creating a new species of worker, somewhere between simian and human?

        SimGen, a powerful new corporation, has done just that. Using their patented "sim" genome, they have begun breeding sims by the hundreds, leasing them out to serve as cheap manual labor in factories and sweatshops.

        My comment: This is scary and could become true now, because we are experimenting with combining human and animal DNA at this present time.

        Anyone out there interested in adopting an intellegent monkey???

        Big O.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Jory Earl
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1 9:36 PM

          Yes but only half as cute as a cat.  And probably not as loveable.

          This is how the Planet of the Apes got started, not the movie series but how the apes became smart enough to eventually take over.

          I'd want an intelligent monkey if it could speak english. It'd be a lot easier to argue with than a domestic(?) cat.

          Elizabeth W.

          Title: SIMS

          Author: F. Paul Wilson

          TOR books

          ISBM 0-765-34463-7

          From Back Cover:

          A New Species, made to order

          Just a few hundred genes separate humans from chimpanzees. Suppose you altered chimp DNA, creating a new species of worker, somewhere between simian and human?

          SimGen, a powerful new corporation, has done just that. Using their patented "sim" genome, they have begun breeding sims by the hundreds, leasing them out to serve as cheap manual labor in factories and sweatshops.

          My comment: This is scary and could become true now, because we are experimenting with combining human and animal DNA at this present time.

          Anyone out there interested in adopting an intellegent monkey???

          Big O.

          Do you Yahoo!?

          --------

        • Paul Peterson
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2 6:02 AM
             I'm all for the idea. It would give the clergy something to worry about.

             - Paul

            Elizabeth Woodward <eaw541335@...> wrote:
            This is how the Planet of the Apes got started, not the movie series but how the apes became smart enough to eventually take over.
            I'd want an intelligent monkey if it could speak english. It'd be a lot easier to argue with than a domestic(?) cat.

            Elizabeth W.

            Title: SIMS
            Author: F. Paul Wilson
            TOR books
            ISBM 0-765-34463-7

            From Back Cover:

            A New Species, made to order

            Just a few hundred genes separate humans from chimpanzees. Suppose you altered chimp DNA, creating a new species of worker, somewhere between simian and human?

            SimGen, a powerful new corporation, has done just that. Using their patented "sim" genome, they have begun breeding sims by the hundreds, leasing them out to serve as cheap manual labor in factories and sweatshops.

            My comment: This is scary and could become true now, because we are experimenting with combining human and animal DNA at this present time.

            Anyone out there interested in adopting an intellegent monkey???

            Big O.

            Do you Yahoo!?

            --------

            Enlightend Games bringing you games of inteligence and thought for your entertainment

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Paul Peterson
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2 6:05 AM
              Actualy the book never said how the apes became inteligent. It was vaguely aluded to being the work of evolution after the fall of man kind.

              - Paul

              Jory Earl <j.earl@...> wrote:

              Yes but only half as cute as a cat.  And probably not as loveable.

              This is how the Planet of the Apes got started, not the movie series but how the apes became smart enough to eventually take over.

              I'd want an intelligent monkey if it could speak english. It'd be a lot easier to argue with than a domestic(?) cat.

              Elizabeth W.

              Title: SIMS

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3 4:13 PM
                You have never been scolded for ten minutes straight by a cat
                complaining to you about not arranging to have him fed canned cat
                food twice a day. He got fed canned food only once a day while my
                mom went on vacation for two weeks. Trust me, lovable never
                described that spoiled cat we got from a no-kill shelter. I'll stick
                to former strays looking for a home and servant. They have better
                manners.
                Elizabeth W.

                --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "Jory Earl" <j.earl@c...> wrote:
                > Yes but only half as cute as a cat. And probably not as loveable.
                >

                > _____

              • Jory Earl
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4 1:51 AM
                  LOL! Cat got you trained but good! :)

                  You have never been scolded for ten minutes straight by a cat
                  complaining to you about not arranging to have him fed canned cat
                  food twice a day. He got fed canned food only once a day while my
                  mom went on vacation for two weeks. Trust me, lovable never
                  described that spoiled cat we got from a no-kill shelter. I'll stick
                  to former strays looking for a home and servant. They have better
                  manners.
                  Elizabeth W.

                  --- In gammaworld@yahoogroups.com, "Jory Earl" <j.earl@c...> wrote:
                  > Yes but only half as cute as a cat. And probably not as loveable.
                  >

                  > _____

                  --------
                  To unsubscribe from the Gamma World Mail Group: Send a blank message to
                  gammaworld-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Derek Shakabpa
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 4 10:23 AM
                    FYI, there's a new comic book by Vertigo Comics called "WE3." It's about a
                    dog, a cat & a rabbit who have been genetically altered to be intelligent
                    killing machines in robotic armor. It's quite good.

                    --Derek S.