Re: [gwmg] - Mormons Again

  • stellar_explorer@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      > From: "Michael Blair" <michael@...>
      > Date: 2003/08/31 Sun PM 04:16:17 EDT
      > To: <gammaworld@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [gwmg] - Mormons Again
      >
      > Mormons would make superb villains because they are not evil. Instead of
      > irredeemably black orcs or whatever flavour of mutant is on tonight's
      > menu you have humans who are good family men, building a better world
      > for themselves. This is a much more realistic enemy than most you will
      > find in a fantasy world of black and white.

      sounds good.

      > Let us try and establish what they may be like.

      If anyone knows a Mormon, and want to use this or any other religious group, i would recommend that you find out as much as possible by talking with someone you know who is a member of that particular group.

      > They are well organised and keep supplies so they will survive the
      > initial disaster better than most. Free from government interference
      > they will establish a state where the laws reflect their faith. This may
      > be a theocracy or more secular, even a democracy, largely depending on
      > personalities when it is established. A democracy is a luxury; a state
      > fighting for its life needs an autocrat to make quick decisions (eg.
      > republican Rome appointing a dictator in times of crisis).

      This is a reasonable assessment of what they would be like.

      > Multiple wives may again become the norm. This may create a rapidly
      > growing population and a lot of young men anxious for wives and land -
      > just what we need for the OPFOR.

      probably not, but it could happen. unlike the propaganda and current groups claiming to be Mormons would want you to believe. poligamy was only entered into by those who could provide for the financial and daily needs of the extra wives.

      > You have a mix of ingredients that you can draw upon for your own
      > requirements. You can add quests for treasures such as Smith's golden
      > books if necessary. I am quite certain a little background reading will
      > bring great rewards.

      If you wish to pertray any group accurately, read anything and everything possible to learn enough to do so.