Re: [gwmg] - GW adventure posting

  • Omega 2064
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
      Post it to the files section. As long as it doesnt run too far over 1-2 megs
      most anyone should be able to get it. over 3 megs and the cut off limiter
      tends to become a problem for some on the slower connections.

      An a related note yahoo has now added a new twist to the limitations... All
      lists now have a
      limit on how much can be downloaded in a given time period. Once the limit
      is exceeded no one can
      download a file from the list till the time limit passes. Shouldnt be a
      problem for most members though and especially not here as the files section
      is not used extensively.

      Hope that helps.

      Omega

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
        Okay...
        Thanks for the info everyone! However... I still don't
        know HOW to post this thing. I would like to get it as
        widely disseminated as possible - on the AP, through
        this board, at any (or all) of the web ring sites,
        etc. so everybody has access to it. Doesn't matter to
        me what format it ends up in - Word, PDF, and so on as
        long as people can download it easily.

        But my question is still HOW to do it. Do I e-mail it
        to the sites directly, are there "upload your
        material here" links available, do I attach it to a
        yexil and fly it to the files section? Treat me as a
        complete computer idiot when it comes to giving
        instructions on HOW to do this.

        Thanks again!

        --- Omega 2064 <omega2064@...> wrote:
        > Post it to the files section. As long as it doesnt
        > run too far over 1-2 megs
        > most anyone should be able to get it. over 3 megs
        > and the cut off limiter
        > tends to become a problem for some on the slower
        > connections.
        >
        > An a related note yahoo has now added a new twist to
        > the limitations... All
        > lists now have a
        > limit on how much can be downloaded in a given time
        > period. Once the limit
        > is exceeded no one can
        > download a file from the list till the time limit
        > passes. Shouldnt be a
        > problem for most members though and especially not
        > here as the files section
        > is not used extensively.
        >
        > Hope that helps.
        >
        > Omega

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Lord Ronin from Q-Link
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2003
          Hoi Tormentor

          On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Tormentor wrote:

          > We accepted material from everyone. We put out open calls for
          > material. I don't remember "passing over" any submissions you made.

          Yeah but what about those of us that have mess of input, but don't
          support a micro$haft system. That is why I havenA't bothere to submitt.

          BCNU

          --
          ***** Lord Ronin from Q-Link
          ****** **** Sensei David O.E. Mohr
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2003
            On 07/01/2003, Tormentor wrote:

            > Yeah, I was going to say, something that big with maps deserves some
            > serious PDF treatment. I got the PDF distiller and publisher
            > programs still loaded from the Apocalyptic Post days.

            <SNIP>

            PDF files are also a more "universial" format to deal with. Especially with
            those of us who don't do MicroSloth. LOL

            Regards
            Mark
            --

            At any time, at any place, our snipers can drop you. Have a nice day.
            | The Village BBS (ID#4): +1-503-325-2905 |

          • Derek M Holland
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2003
              > Yeah but what about those of us that have mess of input, but don't
              > support a micro$haft system. That is why I havenA't bothere to
              > submitt.

              You don't even have an Acrobat reader or a web browser that reads html?
              What file types can you read?

              Derek

              Lifetime member of the Xerces Society.
              http://Xerces.org

              Sustainable Living
              http://www.journeytoforever.org

              Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
            • Mark Edward Reed
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2003
                On 07/02/2003, Lord Ronin from Q-Link wrote:

                > Yeah but what about those of us that have mess of input, but don't
                > support a micro$haft system. That is why I havenA't bothere to submitt.

                If you save some stuff as PostScript, I wonder if someone can help you
                convert it to PDF? The only thing I have to make PDF's is a plugin for
                FinalWriter97...

                Regards
                Mark
                --

                Cat - A migratory organism with a tropism for where it's not wanted.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2003
                  On 07/02/2003, Derek M Holland wrote:

                  > You don't even have an Acrobat reader or a web browser that reads html?
                  > What file types can you read?

                  He can handle PDF files if I convert each page to PostScript but his
                  browser doesn't support image loading yet.

                  He's running a Commodore 128 so he can support a lot of Commodore foramts
                  and of course PostScript.

                  Regards
                  MArk
                  --

                  What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
                  -- Bertolt Brecht

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 4, 2003
                    Hoi #4:

                    On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Mark Edward Reed wrote:

                    > If you save some stuff as PostScript, I wonder if someone can help you
                    > convert it to PDF? The only thing I have to make PDF's is a plugin for
                    > FinalWriter97...

                    VideoCam will convert pdf to psotscript. But AFAIK doesn't do the
                    inverse. We still need to do more testing on saving documents as an ascii
                    post script. Rather than stock Geos post script. Must get to that sometime
                    in the near future. After the OLR is working better.

                    BCNU

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 5, 2003
                      Hoi Derek:

                      On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Derek M Holland wrote:

                      > You don't even have an Acrobat reader or a web browser that reads html?
                      > What file types can you read?

                      Since this does effect what is availible on the site for llist members.
                      I'd say it is semi on topic.

                      On or off line? On line I can read ascii. Off line I can do Geos and
                      subs, Koala, Doodle, Paper Clip, 6 versions of Word Writer, The Write
                      Stuff and a host of other C= related DTP and WP. I can also off line
                      through Geos, do post script 1 & 2 in print outs. JPG and EPS images.
                      Regarding online, my browser is no gfx and is called Lynx. Mail is done
                      for the moment in Pine. Though I haope to have my OLR for the C=128
                      operating correctly soon.

                      BCNU