Re: [gwmg] - Re: A Founder Returns....

  • Michael O'Rell
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
      > Actually, a PA supers game might be kind of cool when I think about it.
      > Sort of like the old Atomic Knights back-up strips from Strange Adventures...

      I've integrated supers into my PA setting in two ways.

      The first are biased on the Gentech/Agents of PSI, Modern settings.
      The worlds governments fought shadow wars for years with these Moraus,
      Espers, and Cyborgs. In time they came to realize they would never enjoy
      the spoils of those they fought to protect. They went public and sought
      civil rights but were shunned by a frightened populous, leading to a
      rebellion and my armageddon. These (Super soldiers) for lack of a better
      word were the ancestors of many of the mutant races in my game.
      Very much like Dark Angel but on a worldwide scale.

      The other Supers are of the four color variety. They were part of a
      large Amusement park where citizens could become totally emerged in
      the setting of Liberty City. A fictional place full of comic book
      villains and heroes. The "Heroes and villains" were actually advanced
      androids with abilities that simulated their comic counterparts. Much
      like the film West world.
      When war came , Liberty City was ignored, and survives to this day. When
      the Androids (Who do not really understand that they are androids) are
      released into the outside world I imagine things will get very
      interesting.

      Mike
    • brutorzbill
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003

        <http://members.fortunecity.com/jshayer/comics/hulk_fim.htm>http://members.fortunecity.com/jshayer/comics/hulk_fim.htm

        > >Nah. I'm not combing the two. Supers is supers. :) but my PA game
        when I
        > >finish my supers game will be, interesting, I hope. I've scratched my
        > >previous attempts, just not unique or inspired enough..
        >
        > Actually, a PA supers game might be kind of cool when I think about it.
        > Sort of like the old Atomic Knights back-up strips from Strange
        Adventures...

        Aah yes The Maestro I had forgotten about that Future version of The
        Hulk. Thanks for jarring my memory.
        I used the Knights of Wundagore (from Marvel Comics) in a Supers/Gamma
        Campaign that I ran for my kids. The Animal Men on their Atomic
        Steeds made quite an impression on the local Campaign area. Hmmm I may
        have to try to find my old notes.
        Later,
        Brutorz Bill