Re: [gwmg] - Magical Plants

  • Derek M Holland
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      > Very nice Derek!

      Thanks- it was amazing that I wrote those in less than an hour after I
      read about the deadline for In to the Green (had only 3 days).

      > I also noticed that you included druids, orcs & goblins in at least one

      > spot. Since I only skimmed thru it once while re-formatting it to fit 2
      pages of
      > paper, I didn't notice any other d20 D&D game related details. (As
      opposed
      > to any GW-ish details...)

      There are a few instances of d20 rules (poison damage, a DC for ID
      saltgrass, and the fire damage for the fireflower, and the DC for not
      being turned into a bird for the raspberry). All because it was not
      written for GW- they were a rejected submission for a d20 book on
      plants- check out the products page at http://www.bastionpress.com

      For those wanting a Alternity conversion, http://Alternity.net under the
      aliens sub-board. And a personal plug- under the last sub-board on the
      page is my Alt fantasy campaign that I have been working on for the last
      few weeks. The real nice thing about their boards is that anyone can
      post- that means you. So if any of you want to make a responce, do so
      please.

      > Unless you DO use druids, orcs & goblins in your GW, which would
      > explain why you wrote them in.

      I did come up with a bunch of rules/concepts for druids (even put them on
      the old list) but then dropped the idea as to magical for GW (I recently
      got the complete book of druids at that time). Goblinoids could be used
      in GW as mutant humans, but I think that is a cop out when badders, arks
      and wardents fit that roll already (not mutant humans- the campaign roll
      of goblins).

      Derek

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com