Re: Cyborg

  • Chris Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      The cyborg is closer than you think. In the site
      listed below, neurorobotics (Mind/machine hybrid
      technology) seems invitingly near. I can think of all
      sorts of uses for this technology besides prosthesis'!
      If only there were some way of measuring neural
      potentials without surgical invasion, perhaps someday
      you could simply put on a helmet or headband and
      _think_ your car to work!

      I'd think that those 3D immersive games would be alot
      better if the controls were merely thought driven!
      Heck, netrunning would be a viable thing, as
      information could be sorted through with thought and
      broadband interfaces enabled the user to move from
      site to site in the blink of an eye!

      I'd say that taking transcription would be a thing of
      the past, considering that all you would need is
      software that took words straight from your mind to
      the screen! Chatrooms would be revolutionized!

      Then, of course, would be the remote robots, allowing
      anyone to move around via a link to a robotic body
      transmiting sensory data back, much like the VR I
      mentioned before.

      I'd love to hear responses to this idea. It would make
      designing a future world more fun!

      =====
      Perception is both a window and a picture:
      The world is seen through it,
      but do you see the real world?

      Find a job, post your resume.
      http://careers.yahoo.com