Re: price of nudity

  • peterericwilliams
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 8, 2010
      Hi Brandon & All,

      --- In gamedesign-l@yahoogroups.com, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery@...> wrote:

      > I wonder how many people are going to pay $5 to have 3d models walking
      > around with their boobs showing?
      > http://www.loadingreality.com/Multiple-Consoles/Saboteur-Brings-the-Breasts-New-Purchases-Only.html

      I haven't checked out the link but I'll have a look maybe this weekend. US$5 seems like a fair price for some titillation :-)))

      > I don't really have a handle on what people pay for porn, and this
      > strikes me as quite a bit less than porn.

      As an example for AU$11 I can buy an American hardcore porn magazine SWANK from my local sex shop here in Hobart, Australia. It has a card for a Free Hardcore Movie from MagnaDigital.com with a Code to enter. Other imported American hardcore magazines are Taboo which comes with a free DVD and Penthouse letters with a free DVD. Both are AU$16 from my local sex shop.

      Code is # SWMAS083 { MagnaDigital.com } for the movie Swank Sex Hospital which you can either view online or download as 7 or 8 separate downloads of .wmv files of about 450MB each. This is good quality hardcore American pornography.

      > Cheers,
      > Brandon Van Every

      Cheers and Best Wishes
      Peter Eric Williams
      4:35pm Wed 9 June 2010
    • Brandon Van Every
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 9, 2010
        On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:36 AM, peterericwilliams <
        foss.game.pascal.developer@...> wrote:

        > --- In gamedesign-l@yahoogroups.com <gamedesign-l%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Brandon Van Every <bvanevery@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I wonder how many people are going to pay $5 to have 3d models walking
        > > around with their boobs showing?
        > >
        > http://www.loadingreality.com/Multiple-Consoles/Saboteur-Brings-the-Breasts-New-Purchases-Only.html
        >
        > I haven't checked out the link but I'll have a look maybe this weekend.
        > US$5 seems like a fair price for some titillation :-)))
        >

        > > I don't really have a handle on what people pay for porn, and this
        > > strikes me as quite a bit less than porn.
        >
        > As an example for AU$11 I can buy an American hardcore porn magazine SWANK
        > from my local sex shop here in Hobart, Australia. It has a card for a Free
        > Hardcore Movie from MagnaDigital.com with a Code to enter. Other imported
        > American hardcore magazines are Taboo which comes with a free DVD and
        > Penthouse letters with a free DVD. Both are AU$16 from my local sex shop.
        >
        > Code is # SWMAS083 { MagnaDigital.com } for the movie Swank Sex Hospital
        > which you can either view online or download as 7 or 8 separate downloads of
        > .wmv files of about 450MB each. This is good quality hardcore American
        > pornography.

        Ok, I downloaded 2/3 of the 1st free video. Couldn't get more than that, as
        the connection was flaky and resume wasn't supported. I could have tried
        streaming the whole thing instead, but what I was saw was a representative
        sample. It's porn; it's like other porn I've seen, there's nothing
        exceptional about it. So I guess the 1st question is, what do people pay
        for porn, and why? There seems to be a lot of free porn out there, and it
        mostly looks the same to me, so why do people buy "new" or "different"
        porn? Maybe I'm just too abstract and I don't get it.

        2nd question is, given the availability and low cost of real porn, why pay
        $5 for 3d models with their boobs showing? That 1st video I downloaded, not
        only did the "nurse" show her boobs, she actually played with them and
        stuff. I thought it was boring, I'm like "yeah yeah right you've got fake
        boobs, I know, cut to the chase," so I skipped ahead. Showing some boobs
        strikes me as extremely tame content.