warp phasers

  • Brandon Van Every
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      Freely offered FPS concept, inspired by watching yet another lame
      episode of Star Trek TNG or Enterprise where everyone misses in phaser
      fights. Really it's inexcusable. Even current militaries are working
      on indirect fire personal weapons. Why do people in the future have
      to aim? Why does light have to travel in a straight path? Light
      should warp and bend to target. A FPS could simulate this kind of
      infantry combat.

    • Philippa Cowderoy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 17:57 -0500, Brandon Van Every wrote:
        > Freely offered FPS concept, inspired by watching yet another lame
        > episode of Star Trek TNG or Enterprise where everyone misses in phaser
        > fights. Really it's inexcusable. Even current militaries are working
        > on indirect fire personal weapons. Why do people in the future have
        > to aim? Why does light have to travel in a straight path? Light
        > should warp and bend to target. A FPS could simulate this kind of
        > infantry combat.

        Sounds like (to a first approximation) mortar-style weapons with control
        over the direction and strength of 'gravity'?

        Seems to me that a first pass could be done as an Unreal mutator or
        similar pretty easily. Could be fun - I always liked fights with no
        basic line of sight!

        --
        Philippa Cowderoy <flippa@...>