Software Engineer Contract Opening - Southern California

  • talent_space
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2007
      JOB DESCRIPTION:

      Join a small highly-experienced engine team to assist in the
      development of a data-driven, artist-friendly (i.e. tools-focused)
      NextGen game engine. This genre-agnostic engine is intended for both
      casual (PSN) and BlueRay AAA titles.

      As a team member you will work with, and integrate, existing AAA-
      quality rendering and system-level libraries and develop new engine-
      level components as needed.

      Help develop multiple genre-spanning casual games as 'out-the-box'
      examples as well as working closely with engine-adopters in their
      commercial titles.

      RESPONSIBILITIES:

      · Collaborate with Lead Programmer & Technical Director on
      engine features & implementation

      · Develop asset conditioning pipelines

      · Develop platform rendering and engine code

      · Work with the existing Maya and Tool teams to create a
      seamless, powerful and data-driven bridge between offline artist
      tools and the product.

      · This is a senior-level position: You will take "ownership"
      of key areas and drive their design & development

      REQUIRED SKILLS:

      · One or more published console titles

      · B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience

      · Excellent verbal and writing experience

      · Positive "get the job done" attitude (this team only
      consists of senior engineers - so, you must be a 'doer' as well as
      a 'thinker').

      · Team-player a must.

      · Expert in C++

      · Strong OOP design skills & implementation

      · Strong 3D Math

      · Knowledge/experience in all game engine facets...

      o Graphics/Rendering

      o AI

      o Animation

      o Culling/Scene Management

      o Collision

      o Game object systems

      o Data packaging

      o Memory Management

      o IO

      o UI/Front-End

      DESIRED SKILLS:

      · SPU Programming

      · Cg/CgFx

      · Networking

      · Physics

      · C#

      If you are interested in this position, please send resume in a word
      document to jobs@....

      Also, you can view our other openings at

      Talent Space, Inc.

      1250 Oakmead Pkwy., Suite 210

      Sunnyvale, CA 94085

      Direct (408) 501-8880

      Fax (408) 501-8881
    • Brandon Van Every
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2007
        Today I signed a contract with Mozilla to modernize their
        build system. The contract goes through Oct. 16th, 2007, so I may be
        available on a contract basis at that time, if Mozilla doesn't have
        further need of me. Attached is a Word copy of my resume, more
        readable than CareerBuilder's resume chopping service. :-)

        On 7/13/07, talent_space <jobs@...> wrote:

        > JOB DESCRIPTION:
        >
        > Join a small highly-experienced engine team to assist in the
        > development of a data-driven, artist-friendly (i.e. tools-focused)
        > NextGen game engine. This genre-agnostic engine is intended for both
        > casual (PSN) and BlueRay AAA titles.
        >
        > As a team member you will work with, and integrate, existing AAA-
        > quality rendering and system-level libraries and develop new engine-
        > level components as needed.
        >
        > Help develop multiple genre-spanning casual games as 'out-the-box'
        > examples as well as working closely with engine-adopters in their
        > commercial titles.
        >
        > RESPONSIBILITIES:
        >
        > · Collaborate with Lead Programmer & Technical Director on
        > engine features & implementation
        >
        > · Develop asset conditioning pipelines
        >
        > · Develop platform rendering and engine code
        >
        > · Work with the existing Maya and Tool teams to create a
        > seamless, powerful and data-driven bridge between offline artist
        > tools and the product.
        >
        > · This is a senior-level position: You will take "ownership"
        > of key areas and drive their design & development
        >
        > REQUIRED SKILLS:
        >
        > · One or more published console titles
        >
        > · B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
        >
        > · Excellent verbal and writing experience
        >
        > · Positive "get the job done" attitude (this team only
        > consists of senior engineers - so, you must be a 'doer' as well as
        > a 'thinker').
        >
        > · Team-player a must.
        >
        > · Expert in C++
        >
        > · Strong OOP design skills & implementation
        >
        > · Strong 3D Math
        >
        > · Knowledge/experience in all game engine facets...
        >
        > o Graphics/Rendering
        >
        > o AI
        >
        > o Animation
        >
        > o Culling/Scene Management
        >
        > o Collision
        >
        > o Game object systems
        >
        > o Data packaging
        >
        > o Memory Management
        >
        > o IO
        >
        > o UI/Front-End
        >
        > DESIRED SKILLS:
        >
        > · SPU Programming
        >
        > · Cg/CgFx
        >
        > · Networking
        >
        > · Physics
        >
        > · C#
        >
        > If you are interested in this position, please send resume in a word
        > document to jobs@... <jobs%40svtalentspace.com>.
        >
        > Also, you can view our other openings at
        >
        > Talent Space, Inc.
        >
        > 1250 Oakmead Pkwy., Suite 210
        >
        > Sunnyvale, CA 94085
        >
        > Direct (408) 501-8880