Re: [gamedesign-l] Ocean Mars revived

  • Joel Davis
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1 9:30 AM
      Inspirational photo :)

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1 10:34 AM
        Joel Davis wrote:

        > Inspirational photo :)
        > http://antwrp. gsfc.nasa. gov/apod/ ap070301. html
        > <http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070301.html>

        Indeed! I bumped off the Cell CPU that was previously on my desktop
        background and have put this up instead. I have a sinking feeling that
        my interest in the Cell is another case of premature optimization.
        Well, also Stormfront Studios didn't excite me as far as what they were
        doing with the Cell. Seemed more like a support burden to them,
        something they wanted to get out of the way rather than make the best
        use of. Maybe I need to have a conversation with a more Playstation3
        oriented developer.

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1 11:23 AM
          Joel Davis wrote:

          > Inspirational photo :)
          > http://antwrp. gsfc.nasa. gov/apod/ ap070301. html
          > <http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070301.html>

          Inspirational noise library, used to render a complex planet.
          http://libnoise.sourceforge.net/examples/complexplanet/index.html