RE: [gamedesign-l] Re: stealth education

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
      From: Bager Akbay [mailto:bager@...]

      > If you try to get the usage of game in Human beings or
      > animals history,
      > it has always been a simulation of the real life. Game should teach
      > everytime, if it does not then there should be a problem.
      > Nowadays schools are too far away from it origin. Most of them are
      > didactic and boring.

      I feel sorry for early Egyptian engineers. According to a book of mine
      about the divergent histories of Science and Technology, early
      engineering efforts were cookbook and very very boring. Huge tables of
      unrelated data collection. What we think of today as Scientific Theory
      has been seldom employed in human progress. Most of the time, one smart
      guy has figured something out and then the rest have propagated it by
      rote.

      In other words, boring didacticism is fundamental to the administration
      of human civilizations. Always has been, probably always will be.

      Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
      Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

      Taking risk where others will not.