Re: RealOne Arcade: Part II - The Playing

  • John Ludlow
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2003
      I have also been playing a few ROA games as well.

      Saturday started really badly for me, and by lunch time I wasn't
      really in any frame of mind to do anything constructive. I decided
      to play a few games to calm my nerves.

      First up was Close Combat. Bad idea. The problem was a German heavy
      mortar. In this particular campaign, the Germans seem to have a
      really big-ass mortar, while I only have a medium one. That would
      have been ok, but where is the damn thing??? In Blitzkrieg, when
      heavy weapons fire, you see a circle to represent their noise on the
      minimap (a brilliant idea). Not so in CC. It wasn't long before the
      mouse found itself flying at a high speed towards the monitor.

      Luckily they both survived, so I quit CC for the time being, and
      decided to have a go at Cubis (a game on ROA). Kind of like 3D
      Tetris, you have to remove a set amount of blocks before the time
      runs out. Do this by getting 3 or more next to each other.

      Somehow, this completely failed to annoy me, and I felt the
      adrenaline of my earlier fustration ebbing away. Sometimes, even
      hard-core gamers need something simple.