Looking, Needing, Wanting, Intersted?

  • foeveryung
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28 9:58 PM
      Looking; I am looking for people to help me design a game.

      Needing; I need people to help design a plot with me, who loves
      games, who loves Sci-Fi/Fantasy, and who can take
      contrstructive criticisim.

      Wanting; a few million to get the project funded *winks*
      Or people who are willing to take the game in mind to it's full
      extent, and worry about making a dime later on.

      Intersted?; Anyone instersted? I will check back here daily to see
      if people are, if they are I will then contact them,

      [Moderator's note: please just reply privately to the poster. There's really no point in public discussion of a private project, unless there's actually something of general interest to discuss.]

      for right now I'm
      looking for people who can help design plots, and character
      animations... I will post here again when I need diffrent type
      people (looking for 4 to 10 right now), and to keep people up to
      date on the game itself. This project if done correctly will be
      make to the general public, for a price, and will put a foot in the
      door for a vastly new type of game format.

      I'd put more here, but because of the sencitivity of the project,
      and it's just starting out, I don't want any ideas to be given away
      per sey.

      Cyberpawz
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
        > I'd put more here, but because of the sencitivity of the project,
        > and it's just starting out, I don't want any ideas to be given away
        > per sey.

        I would advise, and others will probably chime in: don't get hung up on the
        secrecy of "great ideas." No matter how original/great you think your idea
        is, there's a pretty good chance that someone has already thought of it and
        has even shipped a commercial game about it, if sometime in the distant
        past. It is often more profitable to ask the collective memory of Internet
        whether a game like X, Y, Z has ever been made, so you have something
        tangible to look at. You can of course be as circuitous in your questioning
        as you like, but personally I think it doesn't matter. What you really need
        to protect is your art and your code, not your idea. Ideas are a dime a
        dozen and everyone thinks "their own" ideas are better than "your" ideas.

        I'm a big fan of putting the ideas out on the Internet for public
        inspection, asking people "Ok, what about this sucks?" That way the game
        design gets stronger.

        Cheers, www.3DProgrammer.com
        Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

        20% of the world is real.
      • John Ludlow
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2002
          Agreed, because you get a larger pool of ideas. The project can take
          advantage of people with a passing interest, rather than relying just on its
          own team