Re: [gamedesign-l] 2d library for military economic simulation

  • Brandon Van Every
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 26, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Gerry Quinn <gerry@...> wrote:

      > **
      >
      > If it�s mostly about logistics, it dopes make sense to consider it, I
      > agree. On the other hand, if the military tactics dominate, you could
      > implement these things as corrections to shipping costs etc.
      >
      > But one sub >> half a globe�s worth of curvature...

      I think they're trying to figure out how to ship all their supplies
      everywhere, and the costs, in a manner more engaging than a PowerPoint
      presentation. They might also be simulating markets and the strategic
      impacts of supply fluctuation or disappearance. I've wondered what kinds
      of military disasters they're planning for. Cyberattack on a national
      power grid? EMP pulse? Seas rising? They haven't said yet. I would
      expect that improving the economic efficiency of a peacetime military, day
      to day, would be a goal. I don't know about a disaster time or wartime
      military. I hope they want to do that, because I consider those problems
      more interesting. :-) Sort of like you build SimCity, then you turn
      Godzilla loose on it.

      Cheers,
      Brandon