Re: FF reprints

  • gamey_wolf
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2 10:47 AM
      Hi. Thanks again, Guillermo. You know, I never even looked at
      amazon.com because I realized the books I was looking for were not
      released in the U.S. I knew amazon.com carried import CDs but didn't
      realize they carried import books. (Stupid of me, yes). Looks like
      some of the books are available from UK sellers, so the shipping is
      likely to be comparable to amazon.co.uk, but some titles looks
      promising. Thanks again for answering my (rather inane) questions.
      Rob

      --- In gamebooks@yahoogroups.com, "Guillermo" <gparedes76@...> wrote:

      > --- In gamebooks@yahoogroups.com, "gamey_wolf" <gamey_wolf@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, Don't know if anyone has any advice on this, but hope you
      all
      > > don't mind me asking. I am in the U.S., and I was wondering if
      anyone
      > > knows a relatively cheap way for me to obtain copies of the FF
      > > reprints. I am looking for books 19 and up, but amazon.co.uk and
      > > amazon.ca charge a ridiculous amount for shipping (even from
      used
      > > sellers). Kind of odd when shipping charges are more than the
      book
      > > itself. (I think the phrase "WTF?" is in order in such cases).
      I've
      > > browsed ebay a bit, but don't seem to find too many of the
      reprints
      > > available. Well, thanks for reading.
      >

      > Well, www.amazon.com doesn't seem like a bad source for FF
      reprints.
      > An example:
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-5902590-9351127?
      url=search-alias%3Daps&field-
      keywords=return+to+firetop+mountain&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

      > Cheers,
      >
      > Guillermo

    • Guillermo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2 4:30 PM
        --- In gamebooks@yahoogroups.com, "gamey_wolf" <gamey_wolf@...> wrote:

        > Hi. Thanks again, Guillermo. You know, I never even looked at
        > amazon.com because I realized the books I was looking for were not
        > released in the U.S. I knew amazon.com carried import CDs but didn't
        > realize they carried import books. (Stupid of me, yes). Looks like
        > some of the books are available from UK sellers, so the shipping is
        > likely to be comparable to amazon.co.uk, but some titles looks
        > promising. Thanks again for answering my (rather inane) questions.
        > Rob

        You're welcome.

        Most of those listings are from the UK, but some of them come from US-
        located sellers and are going for decent prices.

        Guillermo