Re: [gamebooks] A matter of viewpoint

  • Demian Katz
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2004
      > Just a question for the group in general. As we know gamebooks can be
      > written from a variety of viewpoints. How do members of the group feel
      > about gamebooks that have been written in the third person? Do they
      > provide an effective solo adventure experience, or is the fact that they
      > are not written from the perspective of you as the character detract
      > from that experience? Any comments?

      I tend to prefer second-person gamebooks from a gameplay perspective since
      they are a bit more immersive... but third-person can offer opportunities
      for less awkward writing and certainly isn't a major turn-off for me. I
      think different perspectives work for different stories, and none should
      be ruled out!

      - Demian