Italian Pretre Jean series

  • Guillermo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2009
      As some of you know, the great French gamebook series, "La Saga du Pretre Jean", was three volumes short of being completed. An Italian fan has taken it upon himself to complete the series and release the final entries for free. The sixth one can be found here:

      http://www.librogame.altervista.org/librinostri/misteri%20oriente/oriente.html

      Unfortunately for those of us who are not polyglots, only in Italian.

      Cheers,

      Guillermo
    • efroriz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2009
        --- In gamebooks@yahoogroups.com, "Guillermo" <gparedes76@...> wrote:

        > As some of you know, the great French gamebook series, "La Saga du Pretre Jean", was three volumes short of being completed. An Italian fan has taken it upon himself to complete the series and release the final entries for free. The sixth one can be found here:
        >

        > http://www.librogame.altervista.org/librinostri/misteri%20oriente/oriente.html
        >

        > Unfortunately for those of us who are not polyglots, only in Italian.
        >

        > Cheers,
        >
        > Guillermo

        If only Per and Leigh could read Italian. They'd be so much more effective than me in criticizing the book's massive lack of text editing.

        Those who've started reading it say that it's good. I'll read it when I have time, even if I don't really care for the author's writing style (not the best nor the most correct Italian you can read, I'm afraid). The original French series is excellent, too bad it was never completed (as weren't all of Doug Headline's gamebook projects).
      • Guillermo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2009
          --- In gamebooks@yahoogroups.com, "efroriz" <efroriz@...> wrote:

          > If only Per and Leigh could read Italian. They'd be so much more effective than me in criticizing the book's massive lack of text editing.

          Per can. Check out his previous messages.

          Guillermo