[gadfly-rdbms] Re: Renaming column?

  • Aaron Watters
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 1999
      Richard Jones wrote:

      > Is it possible to rename a gadfly column?

      "alter table" is not implemented.

      The way to do it is to select all columns from the table into a
      python list, drop the table, commit, recreate the table with the column
      renamed and batch insert the list back into the table, commit.

      The middle commit is important, I think, this is an outstanding
      bug not yet fixed in the released version.

      I know it's not nice, but you shouldn't have to do it all that
      often either, in my own defense :).
      -- Aaron Watters

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/gadfly-rdbms