Re: ebola update

  • carstagabon
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2002
      I talked to 2 volunteers - 1 from Bongoville and
      1 from FCV. They were very upset because they were
      given 24 hes to pack up houses, say good bye and leave
      to LBV. They are not convinced the case in FCV is
      valid. Apparently the woman is also HIV + and
      recovering. Needless to say - most 2nd year volunteers in the
      affected provinces are leaving since they have been given
      no other option - COS is March 1. The 1st year
      Health volunteers have been offered Cameroon
      reassignment, and EE are going home since no one has a place
      for them in other countries.This is what I was told
      anyway.<br><br>I am hoping things will get better - you are right
      that ebola in such large areas would be
      horrible.<br><br>Carol