Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

**NEW AFRICAN TV STATION IN THE US!!!!***

Expand Messages
  • noueco
    Hi all, this is to inform you that we now have a new African TV station in the US broadcasting in both French & English available on dish network. TELESUD:
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi all,
      this is to inform you that we now have a new African TV station in
      the US broadcasting in both French & English available on dish
      network.

      TELESUD:
      ERIC NOUE, Marketing Manager
      TEL: 469-328-7217
      enoue@...


      3A TELESUD, the "Afrotainment" Television is The First and Only Afro-
      European and Pan-African Television.

      Our channel is the only Afro-European and Pan African Television
      targeting at the African Diaspora in the USA and Canada.

      Our programming is articulated around dynamic modules:

      News
      Sport (African sporting events)
      Music videos (Coupe' Decalle', Makossa, Zouk,Ndombollo, Assiko,
      Mapuka, etc)
      Talk-Shows and Interviews
      Magazines and documentaries

      3A TELESUD TV HAS ALSO NEGOTIATED THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS IN THE US TO
      BROADCAST ALL 36 LIVE GAMES FOR THE UPCOMING AFRICAN CUP OF NATIONS
      (CAN 2006).
      YOU WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH ALL THE GAMES FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN
      HOME.

      FOR ANY INFORMATION, TO SUBSCRIBE OR ADVERTISING QUESTIONS PLEASE
      CONTACT

      TELESUD:
      ERIC NOUE, Marketing Manager
      TEL: 469-328-7217
      enoue@...



      http://www.afrik.com/IMG/arton8570.jpg
      http://www.telesud.com/A559F0/start.nsf/_musique-en?openform
      http://www.telesud.com


      "The Man that says I can and the One that says I Can't are both
      right...
      being defeated is just a temporary condition, giving up is what
      makes it permanent !!!"
      Eric Noue
    • bobutne
      Good news. Africa athletes today and African entertainers should be the next wave. Other News: GABON: Opposition cries foul over presidential poll plans 06 Oct
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        Good news. Africa athletes today and African entertainers should be
        the next wave.

        Other News:

        GABON: Opposition cries foul over presidential poll plans
        06 Oct 2005 17:46:20 GMT

        Source: IRIN

        LIBREVILLE, 6 October (IRIN) - Presidential elections have been fixed
        for 27 November in oil-rich Gabon, with security forces voting two
        days early in a move the opposition says is a ruse for rigging.

        The president of the National Electoral Commission, Gilbert
        Ngoulakia, announced the double election dates of 25 and 27 November
        on state television and radio on Thursday. He explained that security
        forces would vote early in the interest of national security.

        "The vote will be held two days after that of public agents who work
        to maintain law and order as strong agitation and tension are on the
        horizon," said Ngoulakia, reading a communique.

        However leading opposition figure, Zacharie Myboto, denounced the
        move as a pre-emptive manoeuvre to ease ballot rigging.

        "Here we have additional proof of laws being fiddled to keep the
        ruling regime in power," said Myboto, a onetime ally of President
        Omar Bongo who decamped to the opposition earlier this year.

        "I strongly denounce this autocratic practice which has become common
        currency in Gabon over the last few years and is completely against
        the will of the Gabonese people who want to live in democracy, with
        free, transparent, just and credible elections," he said.

        Although he is Africa's longest serving head of state, Bongo, who
        turns 70 in December, is hoping to secure another seven-year term at
        the helm. The president was to have stepped down this year, but in
        2003 the constitution was amended by a parliament packed with allies
        to enable him to seek re-election indefinitely.

        At a special meeting of parliament at the end of June, stacked to the
        advantage of Bongo's ruling Gabonese Democratic Party (PDG),
        amendments were made to the electoral code that met an uproar from
        the opposition.

        Under the changes, military personnel will have to vote at their
        barracks. According to the opposition this will increase the chances
        of soldiers voting as they are told rather than as they choose.

        As there is no separate voter list for the military and military
        personnel are not identified on the electoral register, this could
        enable some of Gabon's 250,000 soldiers to vote at barracks on 25
        November and again in their home districts two days later, said
        Myboto.

        He also warned that the two-day period between one vote and the next
        would be an ideal opportunity for widespread stuffing of ballot boxes.

        The deadline for candidates to announce whether they will be running
        is less than a week away.

        To date, only Bongo has confirmed his candidacy, though as the most
        prominent opposition figure, Myboto is widely expected to announce
        his plans to run in the coming days.

        Once the deadline for candidates passes, campaigning will begin 30
        hours later at midnight 13 October, according to Ngoulakia.

        Bongo comes from the minority Bateke tribe near the Congolese border,
        but rose to Finance Minister in Gabon's first post-independence
        government.

        When Gabon's first president, Leon M'Ba fell suddenly ill, Bongo was
        appointed Vice President and successor by M'Ba from his Paris
        deathbed in 1967.

        Though multiparty politics was reluctantly adopted under
        international pressure in the early 1990s, Bongo has repeatedly said
        he favours authoritarianism in Africa, as he says it is better suited
        to dealing with ethnic loyalties.

        According to the weekly newsletter, Africa Confidential, Bongo's 45-
        year-old son, Defence Minister Ali Bongo, is a strong contender to
        succeed Bongo.

        The Minister of Interior meanwhile has deplored rising voter apathy
        in Gabon where many residents of the capital Libreville have already
        written off the forthcoming polls as a done deal.
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.