Re: [Gabon Discussion] Re: Bongo and Bush Meet May 26 2004

  • dupont3@juno.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1 11:12 AM
      The Peace Corps money is now going to Iraq. Iraq is now this big black
      hole sucking the hard earned tax dollars and national pride of
      Americans into the abyss. It is so bad that my city cannot even afford to
      open up some community swimming pools this summer. How many other
      healthful and valued civic programs have been cut so that we can fight
      this unneccessary war?

      Ciao,
      dupont

      On Sat, 29 May 2004 21:25:57 +0200 (CEST) =?iso-8859-1?q?Jeremy=20Rich?=
      <roiadende@...> writes:

      > I do not know if Kerry would really change any policies in Gabon set
      > by the Bush administration. Considering that Clinton's support for
      > Uganda and Rwanda has continued under Bush, I think all of Central
      > Africa is so far removed from American public interest that there's
      > no real partisan division in terms of policy.
      >
      > Hopefully, whoever wins will put back money into Peace Corps in
      > Gabon!

      Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 2 1:57 PM
        Fewer public swimming pools in the US is ludicrous when considering
        the plight of billions in the Third World where sewers run with raw
        waste, HIV incidents and murders are rampant, children die from
        malnutrition/famines, etc., etc.. Who really cares?

        http://www.careusa.org/?source=www.care.org

      • dupont3@juno.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 2 8:46 PM
          I certainly do care, there are parts of America that resemble some of
          those 3rd world countries that you refer to. Considering our wealth here
          in the US it is a shame that we do not invest more in our own people
          instead of fighting wars dedicated to making rich people richer and poor
          people poorer. I believe that a great nation like the US needs to set an
          example for other nations to follow. Not become an International disgrace
          that resorts to literally robbing nations of their oil. There is an old
          saying: "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly." Matters of
          small concern should be treated seriously." It would do us well here in
          the US to pay special attention to the small things... community swimming
          pools closing or Peace Corps volunteers being cut. There are warning
          signs all around pointing to where this country is headed if we only pay
          more attention.

          Ciao,
          dupont

          On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:57:01 -0000 "bobutne" <bobutne@...> writes:
          > Fewer public swimming pools in the US is ludicrous when considering
          > the plight of billions in the Third World where sewers run with raw
          >
          > waste, HIV incidents and murders are rampant, children die from
          > malnutrition/famines, etc., etc.. Who really cares?
          >
          > http://www.careusa.org/?source=www.care.org
          >

          > --- In gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com, dupont3@j... wrote:
          > > The Peace Corps money is now going to Iraq. Iraq is now this big
          >
          > black
          > > hole sucking the hard earned tax dollars and national pride of
          > > Americans into the abyss. It is so bad that my city cannot even
          > afford to
          > > open up some community swimming pools this summer. How many other
          > > healthful and valued civic programs have been cut so that we can
          >
          > fight
          > > this unneccessary war?
          > >
          > > Ciao,
          > > dupont

          > --------------------~-->
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/JWorlB/TM

          Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
        • François Gouahinga
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 3 12:09 PM
            Hello all,

            Dupont wrote, "there are parts of America that
            resemble some of those 3rd world countries"---

            Without necessarily agreeing with the pessimistic
            tone of the rest of the message, I would say "True" to
            the above quote.

            All it takes is a $1.20 trip to Southeast Washington,
            DC-- a pure anomaly in the capital of the US.

            But politics has a logic of its own--I doubt Bush has
            anything to do with all the mess.

            *Francois

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 5 5:43 AM
              Received following portions of email:

              Hello:

              I am Christophe Obolo. I am a BAKANIGUI from the Haugh Ogooue
              region, a native of Franceville and attended Lycee Leon MBA in
              Libreville. I am the CEO and Founder of D'abord products, Inc.,
              organized in Connecticut. I attended Virginia State University and
              graduated Magna cum Laude with a major in biology. I founded and
              started my own company two years ago based on my very first
              invention titled "neck bag for cell phone users". Another invention
              of mine was recently published by the United states Patent and
              trademark office.

              I am basically a designer and my designs are mainly inspired from
              the great masks of Gabon. in addition I design leather cases for
              small electronics such as cell phones, iPods, PDAs, and others.

              Please visit my webpage at: http://www.absolutearts.com/kristob to
              view my artworks and the selection of leather cases I design and
              make. My trademark is posh Pocket

              THANKS A BON ATTENDEUR SALUT

              C'hristophe M'andela O'bolo
              Inventive Mind With Clear Vision