Michael Jackson arrives in LBV in the cover of dark!

  • aminabari@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 2:44 AM
      Alas, news worthy of this site:

      Papers in libreville this morning have been buzzing with the news of
      michael jackson. Regrettably it seems, he has taken refuge in
      gabon. I wonder what that will do to the image of gabon.
      Libreville is not new to michael as he was here in 1993.
      Staff at the president's palace has already confirmed the news.
      Following this announcement it was also disclosed that he is giving
      some money. Of course. Over 50 million dollars to be exact, going
      towards "fighting aids".

      Like to hear what everybody thinks about this. What a DAY this will
      be!

      Amin
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 5:41 AM
        No news out yet. According to a Google check, MJ was last in Gabon in
        1992 when 100,000 fans met him including Omar Bongo. Jackson again
        met with Bongo at the UN in NYC in 2001 re an AIDS project. Good
        pairing of two ego maniacs who love center stage. I doubt it the
        story is real, however.

        --- In gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com, aminabari@y... wrote:
        > Alas, news worthy of this site:
        >
        > Papers in libreville this morning have been buzzing with the news
        of
        > michael jackson. Regrettably it seems, he has taken refuge in
        > gabon. I wonder what that will do to the image of gabon.
        > Libreville is not new to michael as he was here in 1993.
        > Staff at the president's palace has already confirmed the news.
        > Following this announcement it was also disclosed that he is giving
        > some money. Of course. Over 50 million dollars to be exact, going
        > towards "fighting aids".
        >
        > Like to hear what everybody thinks about this. What a DAY this
        will
        > be!
        >
        > Amin
      • Jeremy Rich
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1 6:16 AM
          Wild story on Michael Jackson! Maybe he'll build a mansion in Bambou Chine or Ozangue.

          I teach, and one of my jobs is to fight plagarism. I discovered on www.cheathouse.com - a website that students pay to download papers and pass them off as their own work - a paper entitled, "Gabon, An Example For All of Africa". Perhaps someone in Jackson's staff read it?

          Jeremy

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1 2:24 PM
            Not as interesting but points out that Air Gabon may be on its last
            legs:

            Libreville, Gabon, 03/27 - Employees of Air Gabon, Gabon`s flag
            carrier, supported by ground engineers, prevented an Air France
            Airbus bound for Paris from taking off Thursday night in Libreville
            to protest the grounding of an Air Gabon Boeing 747 in France last
            week, officials at the Libreville Airport told PANA on Friday.

            The situation was still tense Friday at the airport, where Air France
            passengers protested against the inconvenience caused by the workers`
            action.

            Air France decided to ground the Air Gabon plane for non-payment of
            maintenance and fuel costs totalling two billion CFA francs, Air
            Gabon sources said.
          • aminabari@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1 9:59 PM
              I didn't hear about that. And I live here!

              On the michael jackson post, you were supposed to read only the
              upper-case letters.

              --- In gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "bobutne" <bobutne@y...>

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2 3:30 AM
                Nice April Fools day joke.

                --- In gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com, aminabari@y... wrote:

                > On the michael jackson post, you were supposed to read only the
                > upper-case letters.

              • Amin F. Abari
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 2 9:10 AM
                  I got the idea from l'union. They had me going until my wife reminded me it
                  was the first.

                  I uploaded the picture of the original. Here is the link: Picture
                  <http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gabondiscussion/vwp?.dir=/&.src=gr&.dn
                  m=mj.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gabondiscussio
                  n/lst%3f%26.dir=/%26.src=gr%26.view=t>

                  _____

                    I got the idea from l'union. They had me going until my wife reminded me it was the first.
                    I uploaded the picture of the original. Here is the link: Picture
                    I just tried sending this once but I'm not sure if it went through. Sorry if you get it twice.