BBC E-mail: Mozambique's lost cashew nut industry

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2003
      Carol saw this story on BBC News Online and thought you
      should see it.

      ** Mozambique's lost cashew nut industry **
      Mozambique says that World Bank policies ruined its cashew nut industry despite its great export potential.
      < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/africa/3082316.stm >

      ** BBC Daily E-mail **
      Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them, all
      in one daily e-mail
      < http://www.bbc.co.uk/dailyemail/ >

      ** Disclaimer **
      The BBC is not responsible for the content of this
      e-mail, and anything said in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect
      the BBC's views.

      If you don't wish to receive such mails in the future, please e-mail
      webmasters@... making sure you include the following text: I do
      not want to receive "E-mail a friend" mailings.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2003
        http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/07/travel/07gabon.html

        Superficial article whose author states:

        "GABON is a refuge in a hostile world." and "Our relatives, the
        gorillas, chimps and monkeys, sleep in the forest and we seemed to
        have gotten along best by mutual avoidance."

        Refuge from what?

        Mutual avoidance, hardly. Gabon's primates survive because of
        avoiding man, not the other way around.