re: Bongo on "terrorism"

  • dupont6
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2003
      Hello all:
      I am a new member happy to find this group.
      I just read the interview of President Omar Bongo posted on 4/15/2003
      and I must say that I was very impressed with his take on the African
      geopolitical situation with regards to globalism and democracy.
      I have read a lot of press on President Bongo's so-called "grip" on
      power in Gabon, but I have read little about the stability that he
      has bought to Gabon amid all of the violence that has plagued the
      continent throughout the years. He seems to have a great practical
      and intellectual capacity to grasp the challenging issues of Africa
      in a practical way and I like that a lot in a politician. In this
      interview Bongo touches on issues that it seems like few in the
      media want to report. Especially in light of the "War on Terrorism"
      where we have seen how the Western powers have responded to increase
      their hegemony around the world. I like what Bongo has to say and
      feel that the Gabonese people should be happy to have a leader with
      such intellegence and capacity to govern.

      Ciao,
      dupont