Re: Re : Re: [Gabon Discussion] Jury out on language-switch trend

  • Jack Atkinson
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 16, 2012
      I agree with you Brad but it's true that English is the most common
      universal language. Here in Spain this problem of local languages such as
      Catalan, Basque and Galician is on the political agenda every day. For now
      these languages are being used in some public schools and Spanish is second
      language with English as a third language. Without a doubt people who speak
      English "well" have a head start for jobs in Europe. I understand that
      cultural diversity is important but we have to be prepared to pay a price.