Robert De Niro sees potential for Gabon’s tourism industry

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2012
      American actor Robert De Niro says that the central African country of Gabon has good potential as a tourism destination and that there might be an opportunity for a resort development. Speaking at the New York Forum Africa, that took place in Gabon's capital Libreville over the weekend, De Niro said that the country is "special" and that he started thinking about a type of resort that would complement the area.

      Besides acting, De Niro is involved in Nobu Hospitality, a company that develops hotels, resorts and residences around the world.

      Prior to the event, De Niro flew over parts of Gabon with a helicopter. "Gabon is great. We are sorry we are here for such a short time, but we got a good sort of overview of the country. It is beautiful … It is just a huge area of land … No one is there. It is incredible," he noted.

      He said that the first thing he looks for when establishing a hotel in a foreign country is a stable government. "Any place you go you want to make sure that when you are there, you are going to be there for a long time. I always think of doing things that are going to last … If I did a hotel in another country or another place, I want it to be thought of as a hotel that is part of the country," De Niro said.

      http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/actor-robert-de-niro-sees-potential-for-gabons-tourism-industry/17393/