New file uploaded to gabondiscussion

  • gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2012
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the gabondiscussion
      group.

      File : /Gabon Letter Oct. 2011 .pdf
      Uploaded by : darcymeijer <darcymeijer@...>
      Description : Gabon Letter, October 2011

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      darcymeijer <darcymeijer@...>
    • Jeremy Rich
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 10, 2012
        Hi everyone -

        I would like to announce the publication of my new book, Missing Links.  It explores the odd life of a self-taught zoologist named Richard Garner (1848-1920), who moved to the Fernan Vaz region of southern Gabon to prove he indeed could master the languages of gorillas and chimpanzees.  Despite (or perhaps because) of his eccentric ideas, he became a household name in the US for his ability to bring gorillas and chimps to US zoos and for his extravagant claims.  In Gabon, Nkomi and Eshira people viewed Garner as a potential ally against the growth of French authority even as they tried to claim he owed them respect and tribute as a guest in their land. See info on Amazon for details...Thanks Jeremy Rich
         http://www.amazon.com/Missing-Links-American-Collector-1700-1900/dp/082034060X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0%c2%a0

        \Recent Activity: * New Members 1 * New Files 1
        Visit Your Group
        MARKETPLACE

        .