RE: [Gabon Discussion] Ali Bongo calls on Gaddafi to leave power

  • Gary Marsh
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2 7:24 AM
      Bob,
      Can you just imagine trying to convince de Gaulle
      of anything? That guy had enough ego to outfit
      a whole army.

      To: gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com
      From: bobutne@...
      Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:27:04 +0000
      Subject: Re: [Gabon Discussion] Ali Bongo calls on Gaddafi to leave power

      Why do you think the French split up French West Africa and French Equatorial Africo into a jumble of finacially starved smaller nations that include Gabon? Answer: In 1958, Foccart convinced de Gaulle that France could dominate and control the smaller states much easier than two larger blocs. Re revolutions, our record in Viet Nam, Iraq and Afgahnistan is a very mixed story. At least, Obama has kept our troops at home this time. For Ali Bongo to jump into this frey, he better walk the talk of democratic and transparent governance or lay himself open to dire consequences.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2 5:38 PM
        Regardless of what the French did in Africa to control and maintain power a United States of Africa would not work. Africa is not just French speaking or Spanish speaking or English or Arab. There is no common Anglo/Saxon identity nor African nor Arab identity to unite any of the countries.Now what happened in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan has no bearing on any legitimate peoples revolt involving the US. We were involved in nation building in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. Those were unnecessary wars that should never have been fought. All 3 of those wars are considered tragedies right now by the American people and President Obama has continue the spending on the unnecessary wars. Bad and corrupt political policy should not have anything to do with acting on good ideas and policy other than to remind us what we should NOT be doing. We should be upholding the values of our Constitution thruout all of our foreign policy.I think Ali Bongo needs to do what is right for Gabon. He does not need to make politically correct decisions just to satisfy the critics. Obviously, Ali Bongo is the right man to lead Gabon at this time. Comparing anything that he is doing to a killer tyrant dictator is ridiculous. Our own US government under the Obama administration is one of the most corrupt and least transparent. When it comes to corruption and deception our US government is at the top of the list.
        Why do you think the French split up French West Africa and French Equatorial Africo into a jumble of finacially starved smaller nations that include Gabon? Answer: In 1958, Foccart convinced de Gaulle that France could dominate and control the smaller states much easier than two larger blocs. Re revolutions, our record in Viet Nam, Iraq and Afgahnistan is a very mixed story. At least, Obama has kept our troops at home this time. For Ali Bongo to jump into this frey, he better walk the talk of democratic and transparent governance or lay himself open to dire consequences.

        > If you want to support Gaddafi then go on and say you support him. A United States of Africa makes no sense. There is no common ground in Africa for that type of idea to be successful. Gaddafi right now is willing to mow down and kill his own people to stay in power. When a leader gets to that point then there is no decent legacy to look back on. There is no way that i can see the late great Omar Bongo or Ali Bongo going on mass killing sprees just to stay in power. That is just not how they operate or something they would do to their own people. As to your comment about outsiders being involved in revolutions. We needed the French to help us in our revolution against the British. The ultimate goal obviously is more important than who is involved. There is no one way to revolt against an oppressive killer tyrant. ---------- Original Message ----------
        > From: "bobutne" <bobutne@...>
        > To: gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [Gabon Discussion] Ali Bongo calls on Gaddafi to leave power
        > Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 15:53:10 -0000
        >
        > More likely, a quid pro quo response to his being able to meet with Obama.
        >
        > Quite bizarre that when a strong African leader emerges and stays in power for a long time that the rest of the world wants to tear him down. Gaddafi is no saint but he did propose some strong pro-African political views like the formation of a United States of Africa. Revolutions are frequently messy with some succeeding and many failing. Outsiders should not be invited unless there is a true case of civilian mass bloodshed. More common than not, outsiders cause more deaths/damage than they prevent.
        >
        > --- In gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "dupont3@" <dupont3@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Why would they? He is trying to do something in the best interest of the Libyan people and Africa. That is all that we should be concerned about is doing the right thing now and working for peace and the end of the killing.

        Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e0fba29c55e01b31e3st04vuc

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 3 10:49 AM
          Your unwavering support of the Bongo empire is becoming suspect and your constant denigration of anything American is boring. Silly to state that a document written by many of those who condoned slavery and other wealthy gents hundreds of years ago should be the basis of US foreign policies. Our foreign policy has always been and will continue to be based on what is perceived to be in our nation's self interest. The problem is finding the right leaders who have the independence, experience and intelligence to comprehend what those best interests are.

          > Regardless of what the French did in Africa to control and maintain power a United States of Africa would not work. Africa is not just French speaking or Spanish speaking or English or Arab. There is no common Anglo/Saxon identity nor African nor Arab identity to unite any of the countries.Now what happened in Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan has no bearing on any legitimate peoples revolt involving the US. We were involved in nation building in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. Those were unnecessary wars that should never have been fought. All 3 of those wars are considered tragedies right now by the American people and President Obama has continue the spending on the unnecessary wars. Bad and corrupt political policy should not have anything to do with acting on good ideas and policy other than to remind us what we should NOT be doing. We should be upholding the values of our Constitution thruout all of our foreign policy.I think Ali Bongo needs to do what is right for Gabon. He does not need to make politically correct decisions just to satisfy the critics. Obviously, Ali Bongo is the right man to lead Gabon at this time. Comparing anything that he is doing to a killer tyrant dictator is ridiculous. Our own US government under the Obama administration is one of the most corrupt and least transparent. When it comes to corruption and deception our US government is at the top of the list.

        • mulenga99
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 4 6:44 AM
            "Dupont3" is essentially a PR account setup up by the Bongos. Originally it was run by a "cousin" of the family who was paid to "pursue" and study his music here and keep an eye on anything negative about the Bongos (not Gabon - only the Bongos). Then he went MIA for a while after Omar died and he was cut off. (some kind of tiff for having gotten paid too much) and now they have a new cat running the show. The person who has been posting recently is not the old "Dupont3" but some better paid PR lackey using the same old handle.

          • dupont3@juno.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 4 7:37 AM
              Do you have anything relevant to say on the issue? Why come up with this crap? There are those who look for intellligent solutions to issues and others who just reveal in the petty nonsense and gossip. Like you are more concerned what your neighbor is doing in the bedroom than in the community. Its telling how fast the critics revert to petty nonsense when faced with the reality of the political situation in the USA and the hypocritical nature of many of their ideas.

              "Dupont3" is essentially a PR account setup up by the Bongos. Originally it was run by a "cousin" of the family who was paid to "pursue" and study his music here and keep an eye on anything negative about the Bongos (not Gabon - only the Bongos). Then he went MIA for a while after Omar died and he was cut off. (some kind of tiff for having gotten paid too much) and now they have a new cat running the show. The person who has been posting recently is not the old "Dupont3" but some better paid PR lackey using the same old handle.

              --- In gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "bobutne" <bobutne@...> wrote:

              > Your unwavering support of the Bongo empire is becoming suspect and your constant denigration of anything American is boring. Silly to state that a document written by many of those who condoned slavery and other wealthy gents hundreds of years ago should be the basis of US foreign policies. Our foreign policy has always been and will continue to be based on what is perceived to be in our nation's self interest. The problem is finding the right leaders who have the independence, experience and intelligence to comprehend what those best interests are.

              57 Year Old Mom Looks 27!
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e11d06f5ee461e40edst05vuc

            • mulenga99
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 5 5:08 AM
                This might not be relevant to you but it is very relevant to other people who think they are communicating with a seemingly intelligent human being. I wanted them to know they are wasting their time. You have absolutely no interest in Gabon or well being of people anywhere, be it US or Gabon. Your only job is to cover up for the Bongos. Neither of you have ever shown a modicum of interest or commented on anything concerning Gabon. You only pipe up when someone says something negative about the Bongos. Both father and son were and are extremely corrupt and no matter what proof is presented, it won't matter to you guys because all you think about is your pocket money.

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 5 1:33 PM
                  If you are right concerning our friend "Dupont", he has gone way over the line in his statements: "Our own US government under the Obama
                  administration is one of the most corrupt and least transparent. When it comes to corruption and deception our US government is at the top of the list."

                  And, if I was Ali Bongo, I'd fire the fool.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 5 3:53 PM
                    You dont know what you are talking about and you are lying to people here. Now if you think that the Bongo's are corrupt then just come out and say it and make an intelligent discussion on the issue. But you chose to make an ad hominem attack. Trying to manipulate people in the wrong way.

                    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e1395f76dd47221233st03vuc

                  • dupont3@juno.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 5 4:09 PM
                      I think i am right when i say that the Obama administration is one of the most corrupt and least transparent. President Obama came into office talking about transparency in government but when it came time to step up and walk the walk.. during the WikiLeaks scandal he tried to cover up everything in a way that one would expect his predecessor GWBush would do. Its like he was busted in a lie. President Obama also continued the corrupt scam on the American people with the banking bailout and he has continued on with the same corrupt war policy that President GWBush initiated. Even hiring some of the same people that served under GWBush. So if you thought that GWBush was corrupt then using common sense would lead one to believe that the guy continuing on the same policy is corrupt as well. All of a sudden Osama Bin Ladin is killed and dumped in an ocean where no one can see right around election time. Thats is a sign of corruption and i am not the only American thinking like this now. I believe that a majority of Americans are with me when presented with the facts of what is going on in Washington DC nowadays.If i was you i would not be so concerned with what Ali Bongo is trying to do in Gabon and i would not even try to cry corrupt in the glass house that is the USA.The real tragedy is happening right in our own backyard to the tune of trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives lost and destroyed!! and ---------- Original Message ----------
                      From: "bobutne" <bobutne@...>
                      To: gabondiscussion@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:33:20 -0000

                      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e139a01ed9f4221d5bst04vuc