Re: Does anyone know how to contact Robert Ackerson?

  • Bob Utne
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
      Alexander, Congratulations to your former students from Mékambo and
      to you for your service. Tangible results of Peace Corps service,
      normally, are hard to measure.

      I also visited Gabon this year and visited several of the villages
      where we built primary schools. The first primary school built by us
      (Gabon 1, 1962-64) in Gabon was in Okala. The school is still active
      and called Lycee Leon M'ba (named after the first president of
      Gabon). It's pictured in the photo section together with me and one
      of the relatives of Jerome M'ba, who was our best-working colleague
      and brother-in-law of Leon M'ba (also pictured).

      Good luck in finding Ackerson. A Google search is a possible start.