Does anyone know how to contact Robert Ackerson?

  • mahongue
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
      I was a Peace Corp Volunteer in Mékambo from 1995-97 and went back to
      visit this year. 9 of my 30 3e students have passed the Bac. What a
      wonderful feeling to see them succeeding.

      Does anyone know how to contact an RPCV from Mékambo around 1985
      named Robert Ackerson? If you can help me contact him, please write or cal=
      me. Thank you in advance for any help.

      Alexander
      mahongue@...
      212-280-2830
    • Bob Utne
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        Alexander, Congratulations to your former students from Mékambo and
        to you for your service. Tangible results of Peace Corps service,
        normally, are hard to measure.

        I also visited Gabon this year and visited several of the villages
        where we built primary schools. The first primary school built by us
        (Gabon 1, 1962-64) in Gabon was in Okala. The school is still active
        and called Lycee Leon M'ba (named after the first president of
        Gabon). It's pictured in the photo section together with me and one
        of the relatives of Jerome M'ba, who was our best-working colleague
        and brother-in-law of Leon M'ba (also pictured).

        Good luck in finding Ackerson. A Google search is a possible start.