Lettuce, Onion and Tomatoes in Libreville

  • Isaac Zama
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2011
      Hello:
      Can someone who has been to Gabon lately tell me how expensive lettuce, onions and tomatoes are in Libreville? Any idea of prices in CFA? How much does a head of fresh lettuce cost? or 1kg tomatoe and 1kg of onion? Are they readily available? Where are they sold? In supermarkets, or at market stalls?
      I hear most of the food in Gabon comes from Cameroon. Are these veggies imported too, or they are grown in Gabon?
      Any information about agriculture in Gabon will be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
      Isaac Zama

    • Jack Atkinson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2011
        Bob,
        I have seen a couple of these episodes on youtube and found then enjoyable.
        Great to help me to recall French.
        Jack