Seeking Chin, French and Brazilian Portuguese for test creation project

  • mgarelick@lsaweb.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2011
      We are seeking experts in educational linguistics to work with us to create some language proficiency tests.

      Several of our interpreting clients (generally hospitals and hospital systems) have asked us to create a proficiency test in various languages for them to administer to their internal staff members who claim to be bilingual, in order to assess their language ability. It is phase 1 of a 2-part testing process. We have previously created these tests in other languages and can share these as a model but we do not expect the test to be exactly the same.

      The test should grammar, vocabulary, and reading comprehension questions. It should be challenging enough for non-native speakers who would not have strong enough language skills for tasks like interpreting to be weeded out (regardless of medical terminology knowledge). There is another level of screening of candidates (verbally), which will be subject-specific, so this is not the sole instrument to determine proficiency.

      Please send resume including relevant experience and proposed rates to mgarelick@...