Suggestions or referrals requested for creation of proficiency tests

  • mgarelick@lsaweb.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2011
      LSA is currently offering a new service, for which I've been asked to find independent contractors.

      One of our interpreting clients has asked us to create a proficiency test in various languages for them to administer to their internal staff members who claim to be bilingual, in order to assess their language ability. It is phase 1 of a 2-part testing process. We have already created these tests in Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Haitian Creole and German.

      Since these are not standard translation jobs, I'm struggling to find a consistent place to look for people. Does anyone have any suggestions or referrals? So far I've been googling (of course) as well as posting on LinkedIn and Yahoo groups, and even checking ATA profiles. The next language I've been asked to find is Farsi but this is going to be an ongoing project in various languages.

      I look forward to your suggestions!
      Cheers
      Maureen

      Maureen Garelick