Hear'Say Break-Up (from Ananova)

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hear'Say 'quit', blaming abuse from the public

      Hear'Say have reportedly 'quit' the pop industry.

      The band say they're tired of getting abuse from the public, which makes
      their lives "hell".

      And they admit they have realised they're just a "pop fad", after being
      formed through ITV talent show Popstars less than two years ago.

      Myleene, Danny, Suzanne, Noel and Johnny say they find it difficult to walk
      down the street without people shouting insults at them.

      Danny told the Sun: "We have had enough. The public make or break you.

      "It started off so big. Everyone knows us - that brought a unique set of
      pressures. Singing and performing is what it's cracked up to be. But all the
      other stuff that goes along with it is not so good.

      "Two months ago we were held up by a gunman and the next day people thought
      we had made it up as a publicity stunt.

      "What kind of people think we would make that up? We were travelling three
      hours to a roadshow only to get booed.

      "We knew it was time to call it a day. There is nothing in the contract that
      said we were going to last forever. People move on and their tastes change.
      We have always been honest with the public so that's why we're being honest
      about splitting up."

      Suzanne added: "You have got to know when to give up. I'm going to miss it,
      I think we're all going to miss it. We want to go out on a high. We want to
      go out while we're still on top."

      Story filed: 07:46 Tuesday 1st October 2002