Let's add our knowledge to Wikipedia's electric vehicles folder

  • vanrescuers
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
      Let's add our knowledge to Wikipedia's electric vehicles folder

      Wiki's electric vehicles section lacks information known by this
      group, and Wiki contains mainly "corporate views" imo.

      To be specific, the Wiki's Battery Electric Vehicles doesn't mention
      electric bikes or electric scooters, which imho is the most viable
      segment of Battery Electric Vehicle field. If you agree with my view,
      please make your contribution of information to Wikipedia, and check
      periodically that your input to Wiki is still there.

      Why don't we add our knowledge to the Wikipedia and watch it carefully
      for removal or editing? And, make note of what (if any) is being
      deleted by the Wikipedia's editors, then comment back on this forum?

      Is there an alternative to Wikipedia that contains the "Michael Moore"
      or "Al Gore" point of view, for electric vehicles?
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
        Excellent point. We did apparently succeed in getting the eBox entry up and
        running.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBox_%28automobile%29

        It was a little touch-and-go because as I recall there was kind of a nasty
        wikipedia-experienced person who came along and tried to challenge the initial
        entry we made (someone else did the heavy lifting, I just don't recall the
        details.... at one point it made it make me look like I was trying to damage the
        entry, but I was just trying to make sure it stuck).

        So, I came away thinking that when we go to Wiki and seek to add our knowledge,
        we have to be prepared for a bit of work to watch out.

        Is there a particular link (or two or three) you think some of us should focus
        upon, to add our knowledge?

        [Default] On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:01:08 -0000, "vanrescuers"