Number of Electrics, And Other Alt Fuel Vehicles, On The Road In The US

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      I am finding this old (2004 or so) Energy Information Administration
      data interesting to examine:

      http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/alternate/page/datatables/aft1-13_03.html

      We could use clarification, when they discuss EVs, whether they are
      including NEVs in that data. I wonder, when they come out with their
      next report giving updated numbers (2007 or so?) if it will reflect
      the decline in EVs brought on by Auto Manufacturer Forced Repossession
      of Leased vehicles. Another possibility is that the increase in NEVs
      (if they are part of the numbers we are examining) would obscure the
      decrease in Highway EVs and City EVs.

      Looking around the page, if we look at sheets like this, we can see
      that one interesting thing to add would be rows for additional
      alternative fuels such as Boron and Hydrogen. Surely the next report
      must include Hydrogen fueled vehicles, given how much we hear of early
      Hydrogen vehicles already being on the road, here and there. Or,
      perhaps this is only about vehicles that have been put into consumer
      hands?

      http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/alternate/archive/datatables/afvtable1_03.xls

      Anyway, there is potential here for good discussion, if we could
      narrow down a couple of details that seem murky, and if they would
      issue reports. Issuing numbers for 2004 (projected?) seems
      out-of-date, now that it is almost 2007.