Re: [future-fuels-and-vehicles] Cobasys Continues To Fail In Its Alleged Effort To License NiMH Production For Car Propulsion Purposes

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
      "I don't know if what they're doing is legal (once you buy a battery,
      what the hell business is it of ECD's to what purposes you put it?)"

      This question is obviously at the bottom of the entire issue. Possibly there is a reasonable explanation. I'd like very much to hear it.
      Maybe those who have claimed the situation is all above board and those questioning it are conspiracy kooks, can provide some answers.

      murdoch <murdoch@...> wrote:
      Can anyone tell me if it is common, when licensing folks on a global
      scale to use your technology, to dictate for what purposes the
      technology may be used?

      If ECD and subsidiary Ovonic Battery really want to succeed in
      maximizing the value of patents and licenses and what-not, then maybe
      they would like to try to get NiMH into plug-in vehicles around the
      globe. It doesn't seem to me as though they are trying. They are
      regularly succeeding in licensing technology, but appear to be making
      an effort to keep those licenses from including plug-in large-size
      vehicles.

      I don't know if what they're doing is legal (once you buy a battery,
      what the hell business is it of ECD's to what purposes you put it?).

      http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=PR&symbol=ENER.O&storyID=203864+16-Aug-2006+PRN&type=qcna

    • Robert Mills
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2006
        Murdoch already gave you the answer:
        , but appear to be making an effort to keep those licenses from including plug-in large-size vehicles.

        This tax issue will not go away. The problem will require solving by whatever means is acceptable by both sides of the issue.

        If Government makes laws and you don't like them, you simply find another way to accomplish your goal.

        If you are in there seeking applicable and fair laws and you get them, you will have to accept them.

        You will ultimately lose if Government makes them without your input.

        Bob