WKtEC Not Scheduled For

  • Gil Dawson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
      Larry--

      I don't know Florida geography, but here's the list I have for Florida:

      SHADOWOOD SQUARE 16 BOCA RATON FL 7/28/2006
      BONITA SPRINGS 12 BONITA SPRINGS FL 8/11/2006
      DELRAY 18 CINEMA DELRAY BEACH FL 8/18/2006
      BELL TOWER 20 FT MYERS FL 8/11/2006
      GAINESVILLE 14 GAINESVILLE FL 8/18/2006
      AMC REGENCY SQUARE 24 JACKSONVILLE FL 8/18/2006
      BEACH BLVD CINEMA 12 JACKSONVILLE FL 8/18/2006
      JUPITER MALL 18 JUPITER FL 8/18/2006
      SOUTH BEACH 18 MIAMI BEACH FL 7/28/2006
      MIRACLE FIVE TALLAHASSEE FL 8/11/2006
      AMC INDIAN RIVER 24 VERO BEACH FL 8/18/2006
      WINTER PARK VILLAGE 20 WINTER PARK FL 8/11/2006

      None of these are within 100 miles of Orlando, are they?

      Hmm. There isn't, by chance, a GM plant in Orlando, perhaps?

      At the very worst, I expect to see the DVD in November.

      --Gil

    • Larry Paul
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
        Gil,

        Thank you. I don¹t know Florida very well either, but I have some former
        colleagues that I have been talking to about electric cars for years, and
        for the past several months about this movie in Orlando. This is the list
        that I have seen and I don¹t think that any of these are very close to
        Orlando. A big market that is being left out...

        Thank you,

        Larry

        On 6/30/06 8:59 PM, "Gil Dawson" <Gil@...> wrote:

        > Larry--
        >
        > I don't know Florida geography, but here's the list I have for Florida:
        >
        > SHADOWOOD SQUARE 16 BOCA RATON FL 7/28/2006
        > BONITA SPRINGS 12 BONITA SPRINGS FL 8/11/2006
        > DELRAY 18 CINEMA DELRAY BEACH FL 8/18/2006
        > BELL TOWER 20 FT MYERS FL 8/11/2006
        > GAINESVILLE 14 GAINESVILLE FL 8/18/2006
        > AMC REGENCY SQUARE 24 JACKSONVILLE FL 8/18/2006
        > BEACH BLVD CINEMA 12 JACKSONVILLE FL 8/18/2006
        > JUPITER MALL 18 JUPITER FL 8/18/2006
        > SOUTH BEACH 18 MIAMI BEACH FL 7/28/2006
        > MIRACLE FIVE TALLAHASSEE FL 8/11/2006
        > AMC INDIAN RIVER 24 VERO BEACH FL 8/18/2006
        > WINTER PARK VILLAGE 20 WINTER PARK FL 8/11/2006
        >
        > None of these are within 100 miles of Orlando, are they?
        >
        > Hmm. There isn't, by chance, a GM plant in Orlando, perhaps?
        >
        > At the very worst, I expect to see the DVD in November.
        >
        > --Gil
        >
        > At 5:05 PM -0700 6/30/06, Larry Paul wrote:
        >> >Any chance for Orlando Florida-or did I miss it on the list...???
        >> >
        >> >Best regards,
        >> >
        >> >Larry

        >> >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Dave Goldstein
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
          Larry,

          Winter Park (on the list below) is located in the central
          part of Orlando. And there is nothing to prevent EV
          enthusiasts in the Orlando area from contacting additional
          theater managers, especially where independent films are
          shown, and requesting this film. That approach has worked
          very well in a number of metropolitan areas, including our
          own, here in the Washington, D.C. area, where four theaters
          will be showing WKTEC beginning July 21st.

          PS -- I would not waste your time posting this information
          to the poorly-named "electric vehicles for sale" list, where
          censorship runs rampant.

          Regards,

          Dave Goldstein
          President, EVA/DC

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
            > PS -- I would not waste your time posting this information
            >to the poorly-named "electric vehicles for sale" list, where
            >censorship runs rampant.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Dave Goldstein
            > President, EVA/DC

            I'm sorry that you don't like Doug's list, or being kicked off of it,
            but I (and I suspect a few others) think he does a
            better-than-average-job, particularly in light of the various problems
            inherent to such a task.

            Here is his (very good, in my view) group:

            I suppose that discussing pros and cons of various lists is in itself
            an interesting topic for discussion.

            Lists can be run as a labor of love and as a business (not often
            enough yet, I think) but basically they are also run as services to
            the community and there are plenty of choices out there, if you don't
            like one.

            Other lists that seem of value to some here:

            (the RAV4 list grew out of a yahoo list)

            Note how this one is not intended for certain things:

            http://www.madkatz.com/ev/evlist.html#charter

            I think that some who feel very strongly that they cannot find a place
            to discuss and do as they would prefer might want to start their own
            lists. Certain principles should be kept in mind along the lines of
            "be careful of the group you start lest it become a burden or a
            problem". There are plenty of groups out there, but the reality is
            that many of us have a paradox because on the one hand we may not find
            quite the right group, but on the other hand we may have a healthy
            aversion or respect for the difficulties of moderating.