Duh

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2006
      http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-05-02T162912Z_01_WBT005263_RTRUKOC_0_US-ENERGY-OPEC-BODMAN.xml

      Gasoline prices a "crisis": Bodman
      Tue May 2, 2006 12:29pm ET16

      WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Energy Secretary Sam Bodman said on
      Tuesday that high gasoline prices which have skyrocketed to a near
      record are a "crisis" for Americans.

      [etc.]

      And, somehow, on the same day, we have this (and how long before we
      point out that one of the effects of these assinine CAFE constructions
      is that they arguably make larger vehicles cost less to consumers and
      thus make it harder for consumers to purchase more fuel efficient
      vehicles.

      http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=newsOne&storyid=2006-05-02T162906Z_01_N02267697_RTRUKOT_0_TEXT0.xml