Re: [evworld] Subscription model

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003
      >You paid somebody to do the transcription for the article?
      >
      >Eric

      Sometimes I do my own transcription, sometimes I pay others to do it.
      It depends on my time constraints, how much my hands and legs complain
      (because sitting at my computer for a workday with almost no break is
      something I'm willing to pay a little not to have to do), etc. I have
      a digital voice recorder which has made it somewhat easier to
      implement transcription purchasing because I can email the file to the
      transcription service.

      Transcription is a cost and a problem. I know at least one EV editor
      who has told me that he's weak on transcribing and so just doesn't do
      his articles in a certain way. I think having others do it does
      detract a little from the quality of the article, if you integrate the
      quotes with narrative.